We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Visual Studio 2019 ASP.NET Core Extensions - SyncFusion Will Not Install Update

Visual Studio has been telling me for days that an update to Visual Studio Core extensions is available but it refuses to install. When I try to run the update, it seems like it queues up ok but when I close Visual Studio and it tries to install, I get a message stating that it is already installed. The update notification never goes away. Running the latest update to Visual Studio 2019. Any suggestions?

3 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 24, 2019 08:59 AM UTC

Hi Mike,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

It seems that this is an issue in Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 and we already registered this issue in Microsoft Visual Studio developer community forum. Microsoft team also confirmed this as an issue on their side and informed as will consider this in the future. Refer to the below link for more information.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/572387/vs2019-extension-prompts-for-update-but-is-already.html  

Until the issue resolved by Microsoft, please uninstall the installed Syncfusion Extensions from Extensions menu -> Manage Extensions and reinstall the latest extensions as a workaround to get install the latest update.

Regards,
Vadivel Natarajan

JM julie mack June 20, 2019 12:28 PM UTC

You are right, facing a same issue

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team June 21, 2019 04:55 AM UTC

Hi Julie, 

We suspect that the Visual Studio extension installed through Syncfusion installer. This is a known issue and reported to Microsoft support. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the existing installed Syncfusion Extension and install the latest version. 

1. Open Visual Studio.
  2. Open Manage Extensions
     For Visual Studio 2019: Extensions -> Manage Extensions/Extensions and Updates 
     For earlier versions of Visual Studio: Tools -> Extensions and Updates  
  1. Select the Installed tab on the left side and type “Syncfusion” in the search box.
  2. Choose Syncfusion Visual Studio extensions and uninstall all the installed extensions
  3. To install the required latest version of Syncfusion Visual Studio extension, please follow the blog.
  4. Further Syncfusion extensions updates will be works when updating the extension from Visual Studio instead of installing the Syncfusion Visual Studio extensions from the installer.

Kannan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon