We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem updating

Hi

When I opened Visual Studio 2019 on Windows today I got a message, that 3 packages from Syncfusion cloud be updated.

But when I do the updates I get errors. The log is attached.

Best,
Eigil

Attachment: dd_VSIXInstaller_20190514143002_062c_147b0523.zip

5 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 15, 2019 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Eigil,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue on our end. Please try the below steps and let us know if this resolved the reported issue.

1. Navigate to the Extensions menu and click Manage Extensions.
2. Search for Syncfusion WPF VSExtensions and uninstall it if installed.
3. Install the Syncfusion WPF VSExtensions now and check.

Regards,
Vadivel Natarajan

EK Eigil Krogh Sørensen May 15, 2019 12:16 PM UTC

Hi

Thanks.

I downloaded
syncfusionessentialstudiowebinstaller.exe

and installed everything with that. That removed the updates message from vs2019!

BUT:
When I open Syncfusion Xamarin Control Panel.exe" it still says, that I I have Version 17.1.0.38 (See attached screen dump).

Attachment: ver_858c53cf.zip

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 16, 2019 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Eigil, 

Glad that the issue has been resolved. 

As per our records, you have downloaded and installed both the v17.1.0.38 and v17.1.0.47 Essential Studio web installer setup. So, we suspect that you might be opened the v17.1.0.38 Control Panel. Hence, please navigate to the below location and launch the control panel and check.  

Location: {Installed Drive:}\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Xamarin\{Version}\Infrastructure\Launcher\Syncfusion Xamarin Control Panel.exe 

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Xamarin\17.1.0.47\Infrastructure\Launcher\Syncfusion Xamarin Control Panel.exe  

Regards, 
Vadivel Natarajan  

JM julie mack June 20, 2019 12:27 PM UTC

also facing the same issue

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team June 21, 2019 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Julie, 

If you are facing the Extension upgrade issue, please uninstall and install the latest version of corresponding Syncfusion platform extensions. Refer to the below steps. 

1. Open Visual Studio. 
2. Open Manage Extensions 
       For Visual Studio 2019: Extensions -> Manage Extensions/Extensions and Updates  
       For earlier versions of Visual Studio: Tools -> Extensions and Updates   
3. Select the Installed tab on the left side and type “Syncfusion” in the search box.  
4. Choose Syncfusion Visual Studio extensions and uninstall all the installed extensions 
5. To install the required latest version of Syncfusion Visual Studio extension, please follow the blog.  

If you still facing an issue with extension, please share the log file which created in the temp location. 

Kannan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon