We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Definition of CAL's

Hi Guys a quick question om License  and CALs

If I use Dashboard that is embedded into a Asp.net MVC  5 application is there a restriction on how many clients can view Dashboard via Dashboard in a View.

If you could explain how the CAL's would effect me I have a comunity license which means I can deploy onto one server but I do not understand CAL;s

Regards

Edmund Herbert

2 Replies

EH Edmund Herbert replied to Edmund Herbert August 21, 2017 08:09 AM UTC

Hi Guys a quick question om License  and CALs

If I use Dashboard that is embedded into a Asp.net MVC  5 application is there a restriction on how many clients can view Dashboard via Dashboard in a View.

If you could explain how the CAL's would effect me I have a comunity license which means I can deploy onto one server but I do not understand CAL;s

Regards

Edmund Herbert

Hi I captured screen shot of documentation relating to Dashboard where it says multiple users are supported, could you clarify CAL's versus users as per documentation

and captured screen shot

Attachment: Dashboard_650bec11.zip

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 21, 2017 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Edmund, 

CALs only come into the picture when using the Dashboard Server. As mentioned in the community license page, deploying the Dashboard Server using the Community License provides you with 15 CALs. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/products/communitylicense 

Includes one server license, 15 CALs, and Dashboard SDK. 

Embedding the Dashboard Viewer in an ASP.NET MVC application (or any other platform) and exposing it to any number of users is allowed under the community license and CALs will not apply. 

Regards, 

Davis 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon