We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Class not registered Syncfusion.GeckoHtmlRenderer.Base

HI Guys

I have been hunting for a solution to this but with no luck so far

I am deploying the website on a windows server 2012, the website runs fine on my local machine (syncfusion essential studio instaled) but when I publish it to the server it doesn't and I get the following exception:

Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid) at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid) at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid) at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance() at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate() at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state) at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit() at Syncfusion.GeckoHtmlRenderer.GeckoHtmlRendererControl..ctor() at CM_OnlineClaims.DocumentConverter.generatePDF(String html, String filename, String path) 

I know that this is to do with the assembly not being registered but I did install the same essential studio on this server and I can see the assemblies on the GAC folder. Also I am deploying the application with the target CPU set to x86.

I am running out of options here, Do I need to have visual studio installed on the deployment server??

Cheers

3 Replies

KK Karthik Krishnaraj Syncfusion Team June 13, 2016 11:16 AM UTC

Hi Erin,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We suspect that the problem occurs due to the Gecko wrapper was not installed your machine, could you please try the below steps and let us know if you have any questions.  
GeckoWrapper.dll requires ATL90.dll & msvcr90d.dll to be present in the machine. You can get those assemblies by installing VC++ 2008 (SP1) Express edition in the machine.  
Here are the steps to follow:  
1. Install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1.  
2. Copy the XulRunner-2.0.sdk (shipped with install – {Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version number}\XulRunner-2.0.sdk\bin\) to the server.  
3. Register the Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll using the following command in command prompt:  
regsvr32 Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll  

Thanks,  
Karthik. 

CG cormac garvey replied to Karthik Krishnaraj November 15, 2016 04:15 PM UTC

Hi Erin,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We suspect that the problem occurs due to the Gecko wrapper was not installed your machine, could you please try the below steps and let us know if you have any questions.  
GeckoWrapper.dll requires ATL90.dll & msvcr90d.dll to be present in the machine. You can get those assemblies by installing VC++ 2008 (SP1) Express edition in the machine.  
Here are the steps to follow:  
1. Install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1.  
2. Copy the XulRunner-2.0.sdk (shipped with install – {Installed Drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version number}\XulRunner-2.0.sdk\bin\) to the server.  
3. Register the Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll using the following command in command prompt:  
regsvr32 Syncfusion.GeckoWrapper.dll  

Thanks,  
Karthik. 

Hi, i have the same issue except from within visual studio 2015. ive just installed syncfusion essential studio latest version and it will not create any templates. i selected syncfusion asp.net web site and got the error mentioned above. See attached screengrab. I followed the instructions above , installed vs2008 c++ sp1 express and manually registered (reported as successful) from the xulrummer subdir as that was already on my windows 7 X64 development pc. i thought it might be related to service pack so at this point i have installed:
2016 Vol 3
Sept 28, 2016
Oct 27, 2016 

However i cannot even create a template in visual studio. any help appreciated!
thanks

Attachment: syncfusion_fail_685d4b20.rar

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team November 16, 2016 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Cormac, 

To investigate the reported issue, we need some more additional details. Could you please share the below details to us?   

1.     Version of Syncfusion.ASP.NET.Extension utility. You can get it from Visual Studio->Tools->Extensions and Updates.  

3.     Details about your Visual Studio. Select the Visual Studio->Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio. Copy the Visual Studio information by clicking Copy Info and paste this information into notepad. Also, copy the System Information by clicking the System Info and paste into notepad. Share those Visual Studio and System information to us.     

Regards, 
Kanimozhi K.P. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon