We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Char-level highlighting

Does the Essential Edit control support any of the following? 1. Strikeout, underline, or rectangle around text, similar to the waveline 2. Background / foreground coloring of a range of characters (not the entire line) 3. Font for a range of characters (not the entire control text). This could be used to provide bolding, strikeout, and underlining of words or characters.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2004 08:22 PM UTC

I am referring to any range of characters within a line, not syntax highlighting. Greg >Does the Essential Edit control support any of the following? > >1. Strikeout, underline, or rectangle around text, similar to the waveline > >2. Background / foreground coloring of a range of characters (not the entire line) > >3. Font for a range of characters (not the entire control text). This could be used to provide bolding, strikeout, and underlining of words or characters.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2004 08:44 PM UTC

Hi Greg, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. Presently Essential Edit does not support the above mentioned features. However we have considered this as a feature request (QA #366) for a future version, and we will try our best to implement these at the earliest. We appreciate your patience, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

GL Greg Larson January 21, 2004 12:55 PM UTC

Thanks, Guru. Is this something that I could do with reasonable effort if I had your source code? Just to get me by until you implement it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2004 08:55 PM UTC

Hi Greg, I have forwarded your request to the Essential Edit development team, and we are investigating for this possibility. I will keep you updated regarding the developments. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon