We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Grid

I have a datasource that I am connection my databoundgrid to and then save a disconeccted recordset to a xml file due to the DB being offsite. I have a clone in memory that I want to manipulate, sort and filter and then pass over to a report - in the manipulated format, of course. Can one save a view from the datagrid back to a dataset that has been manipluated back to am xml file as described above? If so, on what event would be best suited for this procedure. CurrentCellChanged would seem like a good start to me!

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2003 07:23 PM UTC

Filtering and sorting the data in a Datatable does not change the DataTable. Instead, some DataView object (usually the DataTable.DefaultView) is modified to reflect the filtering and sorting. The DataTable remains unchanged as the result of a filter and sort. So, I do not know of a way to 'just save' the DataTable in any to that would actually save the table as reflected by a DataView. The DataSet.WriteXML will not persist any dataview information. So, I think you would have to explicitly write the XML file yourself.

SW Sean Wilkins September 11, 2003 11:08 AM UTC

I thought not, but I needed a confirmation. Thanks Clay!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon