We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VS freeze after closing

Hi together, we are just evaluating the syncfusion studio. Now we have a problem when doing the following steps. 1. I create a new project (e.g. a Windows Application) 2. I put a grid control (of the syncfusion suite) on the form in the designer view. Now when I try to close the designer view (or the complete VS) - the studio eats all the cpu time. The only way to close VS is to kill the process via the task manager. This occurs only when the form control owns a syncfusion control (like the gridcontrol). We are using VS 2005 Beta 2. Any ideas? Markus

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 05:02 PM UTC

Markus, I tried the steps you tried, but there were no problems on my end. I''ve been using the grid with VS 2005 B2 since it came out and its been running great. I may not have been much help, but someone from Syncfusion will probably reply. They are very good about support through the messageboards. -Kevin

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 06:33 PM UTC

Markus, we are aware of this problem that VS2005 hangs when you close the designer window with a grid in it. We fixed this in our code base. The 3.3 version will not have this problem anymore. Thanks, Stefan >Hi together, > >we are just evaluating the syncfusion studio. Now we have a problem when doing the following steps. > >1. I create a new project (e.g. a Windows Application) > >2. I put a grid control (of the syncfusion suite) on the form in the designer view. > >Now when I try to close the designer view (or the complete VS) - the studio eats all the cpu time. The only way to close VS is to kill the process via the task manager. >This occurs only when the form control owns a syncfusion control (like the gridcontrol). > >We are using VS 2005 Beta 2. > >Any ideas? > >Markus > >

FG Franz Gsell August 8, 2005 07:30 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, thanks for your fast reply. Is it possible to get a beta of your version to fix our problem, it''s really annoying - and it''s hard to work. I have to kill the VS every few minutes? >Markus, > >we are aware of this problem that VS2005 hangs when you close the designer window with a grid in it. We fixed this in our code base. The 3.3 version will not have this problem anymore. > >Thanks, >Stefan > >>Hi together, >> >>we are just evaluating the syncfusion studio. Now we have a problem when doing the following steps. >> >>1. I create a new project (e.g. a Windows Application) >> >>2. I put a grid control (of the syncfusion suite) on the form in the designer view. >> >>Now when I try to close the designer view (or the complete VS) - the studio eats all the cpu time. The only way to close VS is to kill the process via the task manager. >>This occurs only when the form control owns a syncfusion control (like the gridcontrol). >> >>We are using VS 2005 Beta 2. >> >>Any ideas? >> >>Markus >> >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 04:32 PM UTC

Hi Markus, I saw your dtrac incident. We will send you latest assemblies for grid. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 05:41 PM UTC

Markus, Sorry, I just realized I am using a beta version of the grid (which is why I did not have your problem). You should be good once you get that beta version. -Kevin

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon