We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MonthCalendarAdv - populate cell from database & 2 month display?

Hi, We want to create a Calendar control that has custom information in it for certain days, such as upcoming events, etc. (This would be a lot like an Outlook Calendar Control). In my quick perusal of your MonthCalendarAdv control, it seems to me that this kind of implementation may not be possible... (Also we would like to display a 2 month calendar.) Are these functionalities (database population of day cells and 2 month display) possible with your control? Please advise. Thanks! Anne

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 10:54 PM UTC

Hi Anne, While I''m not aware of a way to directly bind the control to a database or a way to show multiple months, it is possible to create a Control like the Outlook Calendar. I have created a sample that shows a basic implementation of that type of Control. Alternatively, our MonthCalendarAdv control is based on our Grid control, which provides the tools for you to implement your own Calendar control. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AT Anne Thorne May 3, 2005 11:55 PM UTC

Thank you so much for your feedback, Gregory. I''m sure it''s something very simple, but I''m not able to get the public void monthCalendarAdv1_DateCellQueryInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DateCellQueryInfoEventArgs e) event to occur on the attached User Control that I am creating using the MonthCalendarAdv. (I am creating a User Control, rather than a Custom Control because we plan to also inherit from the HTMLUIControl for this User Control at a later point.) I am attaching two projects. One that works and is using a form. The other, the User Control is not working. I am hoping you can point out to me what I am doing wrong... Thank you so much for any help that you can give me. Anne >Hi Anne, > > While I''m not aware of a way to directly bind the control to a database or a way to show multiple months, it is possible to create a Control like the Outlook Calendar. I have created a sample that shows a basic implementation of that type of Control. > > Alternatively, our MonthCalendarAdv control is based on our Grid control, which provides the tools for you to implement your own Calendar control. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc. > > > CalendarForm_7614.zip CalendarUserControl_5284.zip

AT Anne Thorne May 4, 2005 06:18 PM UTC

We also really need a multimonth control. Is there a way to create one with your grid? We would need to have the months in sync... Please advise, Thanks! Anne >Thank you so much for your feedback, Gregory. > >I''m sure it''s something very simple, but I''m not able to get the > >public void monthCalendarAdv1_DateCellQueryInfo(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DateCellQueryInfoEventArgs e) > >event to occur on the attached User Control that I am creating using the MonthCalendarAdv. (I am creating a User Control, rather than a Custom Control because we plan to also inherit from the HTMLUIControl for this User Control at a later point.) > >I am attaching two projects. One that works and is using a form. The other, the User Control is not working. > >I am hoping you can point out to me what I am doing wrong... > >Thank you so much for any help that you can give me. > >Anne > >>Hi Anne, >> >> While I''m not aware of a way to directly bind the control to a database or a way to show multiple months, it is possible to create a Control like the Outlook Calendar. I have created a sample that shows a basic implementation of that type of Control. >> >> Alternatively, our MonthCalendarAdv control is based on our Grid control, which provides the tools for you to implement your own Calendar control. >> >>Regards, >>Gregory Austin >>Syncfusion Inc. >> >> >> > >CalendarForm_7614.zip > > > >CalendarUserControl_5284.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2005 10:05 PM UTC

Hi Anne, I couldn''t run your sample. Can you post a stripped down version? You could prepare it with a a NorthWind database or you could just use disconnected DataSet. I would suggest you to stick with MonthCalendarAdv. You could try placing them in a UserControl (as your approach) to get this. There are many cell events that you could listen to synchronize two calendars. I tried seeing issue of DataQueryCellInfo not firing in this small sample. It works fine. If you plan to use GridControl to get multi month calendar, you could try the appraoch in the RepeaterUserControl sample (\syncfusion\essential studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\samples\DataBound\RepeaterUserControlSample) Best regards, Jay N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon