We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

redefine Dropdown list in gridFilterBar?

Can I change the dropdown list type from gridFilterBar so I can find the right item by typing multiple letters?For example, if there is something called Syncfusion in the list, I would like to jump to that item by typing Sync. Now whenever I type a new letter the search will restart from that letter. Thanks

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2005 09:47 PM UTC

I attached a sample project that implements such behavoir: FilterBarTextBoxGrid_8008.zip Stefan >Can I change the dropdown list type from gridFilterBar so I can find the right item by typing multiple letters?For example, if there is something called Syncfusion in the list, I would like to jump to that item by typing Sync. Now whenever I type a new letter the search will restart from that letter. >Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2005 10:49 PM UTC

Works. Thank you very much for the quick response.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 07:08 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, I believe after the change, this line is not workign theFilterBar.CreatingColumnHeader += new GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventHandler(GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeader); Basically, I can not disable any column in the filter bar. Any suggestions? thanks a lot >I attached a sample project that implements such behavoir: > >FilterBarTextBoxGrid_8008.zip > >Stefan > >>Can I change the dropdown list type from gridFilterBar so I can find the right item by typing multiple letters?For example, if there is something called Syncfusion in the list, I would like to jump to that item by typing Sync. Now whenever I type a new letter the search will restart from that letter. >>Thanks >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 07:35 PM UTC

You are right. This event is not implemented for the sample code, but you should be fine without it. You can decide in the grid_FilterCellChanged event whether you want changing the contents of the cell affect the dataset filter. Another option would be to set the cells .Enabled flag to false. Then the user can''t type into the cell. Stefan > >Hi Stefan, > >I believe after the change, this line is not workign > theFilterBar.CreatingColumnHeader += new GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventHandler(GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeader); > >Basically, I can not disable any column in the filter bar. Any suggestions? >thanks a lot > > >>I attached a sample project that implements such behavoir: >> >>FilterBarTextBoxGrid_8008.zip >> >>Stefan >> >>>Can I change the dropdown list type from gridFilterBar so I can find the right item by typing multiple letters?For example, if there is something called Syncfusion in the list, I would like to jump to that item by typing Sync. Now whenever I type a new letter the search will restart from that letter. >>>Thanks >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 08:40 PM UTC

After attached the filterbar, I cannot disable the cell based on grid cooridate. as grid[1,2].Enabled=false; I do need to get cells disabled even before the cell change event is triggerred. Is there a quick way to get GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventHandler implented? I tried but not really works thanks >You are right. This event is not implemented for the sample code, but you should be fine without it. > >You can decide in the grid_FilterCellChanged event whether you want changing the contents of the cell affect the dataset filter. > >Another option would be to set the cells .Enabled flag to false. Then the user can''t type into the cell. > >Stefan > >> >>Hi Stefan, >> >>I believe after the change, this line is not workign >> theFilterBar.CreatingColumnHeader += new GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventHandler(GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeader); >> >>Basically, I can not disable any column in the filter bar. Any suggestions? >>thanks a lot >> >> >>>I attached a sample project that implements such behavoir: >>> >>>FilterBarTextBoxGrid_8008.zip >>> >>>Stefan >>> >>>>Can I change the dropdown list type from gridFilterBar so I can find the right item by typing multiple letters?For example, if there is something called Syncfusion in the list, I would like to jump to that item by typing Sync. Now whenever I type a new letter the search will restart from that letter. >>>>Thanks >>>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 09:11 PM UTC

Below is a modified WireGrid method that raises the event. public override void WireGrid(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid grid, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridStyleInfo style) { if(_grid != null) UnwireGrid(); if(grid != null) { _dataTable = grid.DataSource as DataTable; if(_dataTable == null) { DataSet ds = grid.DataSource as DataSet; if(ds != null) { _dataTable = ds.Tables[grid.DataMember]; } } if(_dataTable != null) { //add a fixed row at the top grid.Model.Data.RowCount++; grid.Model.Rows.HeaderCount++; int _row = grid.Model.Rows.HeaderCount; grid.Model.Rows.FrozenCount = grid.Model.Rows.FrozenCount + 1; grid.Model.ChangeCells(GridRangeInfo.Cells(_row, 1, _row, grid.Model.ColCount), style, StyleModifyType.Override); GridBoundColumnsCollection gbcc; gbcc = (grid.GridBoundColumns.Count == 0) ? grid.Binder.InternalColumns : grid.GridBoundColumns; GridBorder border = grid.BaseStylesMap["Standard"].StyleInfo.Borders.Right; for(int gbcIndex = 0; gbcIndex < gbcc.Count ; ++gbcIndex) { string colName = gbcc[gbcIndex].MappingName; int col = grid.Binder.NameToColIndex(colName); GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventArgs e = new GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventArgs(colName); OnCreatingColumnHeader(e); if(e.Cancel) { // grid[_row, col].Enabled = false; grid[_row, col].CellType = "Static"; continue; } grid[_row, col].Borders.Right = border; } grid.CurrentCellChanged += new EventHandler(grid_FilterCellChanged); } } _grid = grid; } Stefan >After attached the filterbar, I cannot disable the cell based on grid cooridate. >as grid[1,2].Enabled=false; > >I do need to get cells disabled even before the cell change event is triggerred. >Is there a quick way to get GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventHandler implented? > >I tried but not really works > >thanks > >>You are right. This event is not implemented for the sample code, but you should be fine without it. >> >>You can decide in the grid_FilterCellChanged event whether you want changing the contents of the cell affect the dataset filter. >> >>Another option would be to set the cells .Enabled flag to false. Then the user can''t type into the cell. >> >>Stefan >> >>> >>>Hi Stefan, >>> >>>I believe after the change, this line is not workign >>> theFilterBar.CreatingColumnHeader += new GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeaderEventHandler(GridFilterBarCreatingColumnHeader); >>> >>>Basically, I can not disable any column in the filter bar. Any suggestions? >>>thanks a lot >>> >>> >>>>I attached a sample project that implements such behavoir: >>>> >>>>FilterBarTextBoxGrid_8008.zip >>>> >>>>Stefan >>>> >>>>>Can I change the dropdown list type from gridFilterBar so I can find the right item by typing multiple letters?For example, if there is something called Syncfusion in the list, I would like to jump to that item by typing Sync. Now whenever I type a new letter the search will restart from that letter. >>>>>Thanks >>>>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon