We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

NullReferenceException in SystemColorTracker.CleanOutBrokenLinks()

Switched focus from one application to one with XPMenus and received the following error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Drawing.Internal.SystemColorTracker.CleanOutBrokenLinks() at System.Drawing.Internal.SystemColorTracker.GarbageCollectList() at System.Drawing.Internal.SystemColorTracker.Add(ISystemColorTracker obj) at System.Drawing.Pen..ctor(Color color, Single width) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CommandBar.DrawGripper(Graphics gph) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CommandBar.DrawDockedForeground(Graphics gph) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CommandBar.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.CommandBarExt.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.CommandBarExt.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

4 Replies

BI Brian Ingenito February 7, 2005 08:41 PM UTC

Using 2.1, with default menu style on Windows XP. >Switched focus from one application to one with XPMenus and received the following error: > >System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. > at System.Drawing.Internal.SystemColorTracker.CleanOutBrokenLinks() > at System.Drawing.Internal.SystemColorTracker.GarbageCollectList() > at System.Drawing.Internal.SystemColorTracker.Add(ISystemColorTracker obj) > at System.Drawing.Pen..ctor(Color color, Single width) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CommandBar.DrawGripper(Graphics gph) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CommandBar.DrawDockedForeground(Graphics gph) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CommandBar.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.CommandBarExt.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) > at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.CommandBarExt.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) > at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2005 03:38 PM UTC

Hi Brian, Is this a one time problem or have you been able to reproduce it? Some more information or a sample could help me track this down. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

BI Brian Ingenito February 9, 2005 04:23 PM UTC

I''ve seen this twice while testing, but can''t readily reproduce. Both times resulted in the main menu having a red x over it. I''ve seen object in use elsewhere errors frequently in paint events. We upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1 to try and eliminate, but with no success. I think they happen more frequently now. I''ve double and triple checked threading and I''m positive all access to the barmanager is done on the appropriate thread. >Hi Brian, > > Is this a one time problem or have you been able to reproduce it? Some more information or a sample could help me track this down. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2005 05:00 PM UTC

Hi Brian, Please review the following MS Forum post to verify that you''re accessing your Controls correctly from your Threads: Controls / Thread Safe ? If that doesn''t help, could you please provide us with a sample that demonstrates this problem or a stripped down version of your application so that we can attempt to reproduce this problem? Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon