We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

autoomplete with a comboboxext

I really need to use an autoomplete with a comboboxext. But for some reason i cant. Is there any way of attaching the autocomplete control to either the comboboxext or the textbox used by the comboboxext? I need to handle the combobox keypress event and a bug in .net prevents you doing so using so i have to use comboboxext. While im posting.. How about creating a comboboxthemed, that operates the same as a comboxbox but uses xp themes, so it looks like a comboboxext but does not use a listcontrol. Also, how about sorting out the vertical text aligment in the numericupdownext, just like the standard numericupdown the number sits at the very top of the box? Looks ugly. Kristian

2 Replies

KR Kristian Robins December 13, 2002 09:14 AM UTC

No worries, ive sussed it, my previous tests at linking it to the comboboxext's textbox failed but ive just got it working. PS. One more question. Why is it that when i type a character and a list of autocomplete options appear, if i try to cursor down to select one of them the autocomplete list dissappears. I suppose ill work on fixing that now.

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 16, 2002 04:32 AM UTC

Hi, The AutoComplete control's drop down will be closed through user action when an item is selected by double clicking on it or by hitting the enter key when the item is selected. Are you experiencing the drop down being closed when just a click is made on an item? Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon