We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Links - bridges and link paths

I have two questions: 1) Is it possible, or indeed will it be possible in a future version, to "bridge" over other link lines in the diagram? 2) Is it possible to move link lines so that they do not overlap symbols if they are in the way? Is this where the ILineSegments interface comes in? If so then do you have an example piece of code that does this please? Thanks in advance Jimski

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 30, 2004 06:18 PM UTC

Hi Jimski 1. Currently this is not supported and Diagram doesn''t even look at line intersections, but I did follow up with the Essential Diagram team and they have asked me to go ahead and log this as a feature request for consideration in a future release. 2. You can do this by using layers. Here is a sample in which Symbols and Links are created in different layers and the Symbol''s layer is higher in the Z-order ensuring that Symbols are on top of the links. Regards Arun

JB James Brock October 1, 2004 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Arun, Unfortunately I cannot view your sample as I have an older version of Visual Studio running. I think I know what you mean though. Basically you are saying that the link appears beneath the symbol (i.e. is invisible until it reaches the boundaries of the symbol). Is there a way round the following scenario: Diagram - You have 4 symbols vertically placed and in line with each other.All symbols are linked using vertical central links. Problem - You wish to link the first and last symbol, which you would normally do by using a link that runs round the outside of the symbols. This being very clear to the user. Your suggestion would mean that I would have a link running in line with all the other links and would effectively be invisible in a layer beneath? Will you be implementing links that can circumnavigate symbols in a future version? This would seem to be a fairly standard feature of a lot of diagram components. Regards Jimski

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 1, 2004 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Jimski Here is a VS.NET 2002 version of the sample. Kindly take a look at the sample. You could work around this by: - Using Orthogonal Links instead of Straight Lines. - Using links that have different linestyles and colors. With reference to the Bridging/Circumnavigation, we are considering this as a feature request for a future release. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon