We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

BarItem merging

Should BarItem merging extend to toolbars? I have a MDI form that has a menu and toolbar at the MainFrameBarManager level. The menu contains a Save item that is disabled and has it''s mergetype set to replace. The item is disabled (similar to VS, always has a save icon). When I open a child form, the menu item is merged properly into the parentbaritem, but the Save baritem in the toolbar does not get replaced. By design? Sean

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2004 06:28 PM UTC

Hi Sean, I have created a sample as per your directions and the "Save" BarItem from the MDI child form''s menu correctly replaces the "Save" BarItem in the main form''s menu. Note that the MergeType has to be set to ''Replace'' for both the BarItems. Please refer to the test sample attached here and letme know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SG Sean Greer August 24, 2004 01:28 PM UTC

Guru, I''ve made changes to your sample to more closely model what I''m looking for. I''ve added a toolbar with the ''Save'' baritem. Note that the baritem in the toolbar is not replaced. Is this by design? Sean bar_merge_7098.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2004 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Sean, Thanks for the modified sample application. Yes, this behavior is by design intent. The BarItems will merge only if their ParentBarItems too merge. Hence the BarItems do not merge in this case. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon