We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Internet permission

I am developing app which doesn't need internet connection and shouldn't ask for internet permission. But after adding SfRichTextEditor I have noticed that now my app unnecessarily needs internet permission and it was added to Android Manifest by this library.  Please fix that issue, so library no longer requires internet permission :-)

7 Replies

DS Devaraj Sekar Syncfusion Team February 10, 2020 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Djordje, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We tried to reproduce the reported issue with “SfRichTextEditor requires internet access permission” which works as expected from our side (“Does not shows internet access permission popup”). SfRichTextEditor does not require any internet permission access and we haven’t mentioned about this permission request in our Android Manifest files. We have prepared a sample from the provided information and sample video illustration which can be downloaded from the below link. 

Kindly provide us detailed information about the issue, layout design or modify the sample provided to reproduce the exact scenario, which will be helpful for us to provide a prompt solution at earliest. 

Regards, 
Devaraj S 

DJ djordjemilanovic February 10, 2020 07:05 PM UTC

I havent't said that it shows internet access permissions popup, but it adds that permission in AndroidManifest when you compile APK file (and upload to Google Play store)

DS Devaraj Sekar Syncfusion Team February 11, 2020 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Djordje, 
Thank you for the update. 
On analyzing further on this issue, the internet access permission was added by default while creating Xamarin forms sample. We have prepared a sample video illustration with the provided information. 
We suggest you remove the network access permission manually from Android manifest file and try adding SfRichTextEditor control and then compile the sample project. If the issue still persists kindly share us the Android manifest file before and after adding SfRichTextEditor control, which will be helpful for us to provide a prompt solution at earliest. 
Regards, 
Devaraj S 

DJ djordjemilanovic February 11, 2020 07:22 PM UTC

I already know that Xamarin Forms sample project adds Internet permission in AssemblyInfo, I have removed that long time ago and there were no problems with internet permission until I have added this library. And when I removed the library and swaped RichTextEditor with regular Editor and compiled APK, problem was gone and Internet permission hasn't been added to new AndroidManifest (located in APK). Obivously there is a problem with SfRichTextEditor library, and not my code.

Here is how AndroidManifest looks when I use library: Mediafire link
Here is how AndroidManifest looks when I don't use library: Mediafire link

DS Devaraj Sekar Syncfusion Team February 12, 2020 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Djordje, 

Thank you for the update. 

We were able to reproduce the mentioned issue with “Internet permission adds by default” and we have forwarded to the concern team and will update you further details on 14th February 2020. 

Regards, 
Devaraj S 

DS Devaraj Sekar Syncfusion Team February 14, 2020 04:28 AM UTC

Hi Djordje,  

Thank you for the patience. 

We confirmed that the issue with” Internet permission adds by default” is a defect and we have logged a defect report. The fix for this issue will be included in our upcoming weekly NuGet release which is estimated to be available on 18th February 2020 tentatively. 

Regards, 
Devaraj S 

DS Devaraj Sekar Syncfusion Team February 18, 2020 06:11 AM UTC

Hi Djordje,  

Thank you for the patience.  

The reported issue with “Internet permission adds by default” has been fixed and included in our latest NuGet package release (version 17.4.0.50) which can be downloaded from the below link. 

Kindly let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Regards,  
Devaraj S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon