We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Automatic Layout connectors vertical spacing and bridging

Hi,

I am using v17.4.0.43 of the Syncfusion.EJ2.Aspnet.Core package to generate my data and the v17.4.46 of the Javascript ej2 package. I am following the following tutorial to set up data binding as well as automatic layout on the Diagram control: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/aspnetcore/documentation/diagram/data-binding/#local-data

Whilst using the automatic layout (I'm using the ComplexHierarchicalTree type) is working great and the data binding is working great too...I do have some issues with how the connectors show on the diagram. They all end up on top of each other making the diagram very hard to read. Is there a way to space them out from each other vertically? As you can see the bridging between connectors is also not working (I enabled bridging at the diagram level on the front end). Is bridging and more vertical spacing between connectors possible when using an automatic layout?

Attached please find an example of this issue.

regards,
Patrick

Attachment: issue_with_diagram_a6bfe8a2.zip

1 Reply

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team February 3, 2020 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Query 
Response 
I do have some issues with how the connectors show on the diagram. They all end up on top of each other making the diagram very hard to read. Is there a way to space them out from each other vertically? 
Currently we don’t have line distribution support in our diagram control. We have logged “Line distribution support” as a feature. You can track the status of this feature from the below feedback link. 

As you can see the bridging between connectors is also not working (I enabled bridging at the diagram level on the front end). 
Yes, the bridging works on the layout. Please check whether you have set the bridging constraints as shown in the below code example. Still if you face issues, please share us more details such as JSON of your layout. 

Code example 
  <ejs-diagram id="diagram" width="100%" height="600px"  constraints="Default | (Syncfusion.EJ2.Diagrams.DiagramConstraints.Bridging | Syncfusion.EJ2.Diagrams.DiagramConstraints.LineRouting)"  > 
        </ejs-diagram> 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon