We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Refresh not working and Grid doesn't update showed data

Hi,
I noticed with the latest update I can't refresh anymore grid.
I have grid.DataSource=list where list is a list<T>. 
If after the loading I add a new item in list, I can see there is a new item also in grid.DataSource, but grid doesn't show it.
Is there something I am missing? Before with a grid.Refresh the grid was showing all the changes

3 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Elio,  

Greetings from Syncfusion support.  

Query: “Grid Refresh not working and Grid doesn’t show updated data” 
In our latest Nuget release (17.2.46) we have upgraded our components to .Net Core 3.0 Preview 8 Build. Due to this we have some breaking changes in our controls. (i.e) There is a break in the @ref functionality in Blazor with Preview 8. If you are accessing our component instance in code behind using @ref, you need to define both @ref and @ref:suppressField in all component’s tag-helper as shown in the below code snippet. Please refer to this GitHub thread for more information. 

<EjsGrid @ref="@DefaultGrid" @ref:suppressField > </EjsGrid> 

Kindly refer our release notes for your reference 

So after upgrading to our latest version (17.2.46) also you can refresh the Grid by defining the @ref as mentioned above. We have prepared a sample as per your requirement (to add a new list to data and refresh the Grid) which can be downloaded from below  

Please get back to us if you have any queries.  

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan.

DM Derek Mitchell January 22, 2020 01:59 PM UTC

Hi there

Does this affect Android as well?

I am experiencing this bug too on the mobile application where the sfDataGrid is not showing all the rows after a refresh.

Actually after further testing it is only when the grid is scrolled all the way to the right and the user returns to it from another activity.

If I scroll left the rows reappear.

DB Deepika Balasubramaniyan Syncfusion Team January 23, 2020 02:12 PM UTC

Hi Derek Mitchell, 

Based on provided information, we have checked your query “Grid not showing all the rows after a refresh” and unable to replicate the issue from our end. After add the row when refresh action is performed, all rows are in visible and scrolling also working fine as expected.  Hence we have prepared the sample to achieve your requirement.  For further details you can refer the sample from below link. 

If the sample doesn’t your requirement, kindly modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with replication procedure, it will be helpful for us to give you a better solution. 

Regards, 
Deepika. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon