We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridEvents OnActionBegin definition causes no edit dialog

Hello There,

I noticed the problem with Custom Edit Dialog. IF I define in my grid that I want to handle OnActionBegin in my code. It works fine for Add new rows, but if I try to Edit selected rows OnActionBegin method is triggered but then edit dialog is not displayed. Args.canceled is false so I'm not interrupting the process. Is it a known issue?
Here is an Example:
//Grid definition contains:
<GridEvents OnActionBegin="OnActionBegin" TValue="MyClass"></GridEvents>
<EjsDataManager AdaptorInstance="@typeof(MyCustomAdaptor)"
Adaptor="Adaptors.CustomAdaptor">
</EjsDataManager>
<GridEditSettings AllowAdding="true"
AllowDeleting="true"
AllowEditing="true"
Mode="@EditMode.Dialog">
<Template>
@{
var myObj = (context as MyClass);
<MyEditor MyFiled="@myObj" MyDialogMessageProvider="@_myDialogMessageProvider"/>
}
</Template>
</GridEditSettings>
//code of OnActionBegin:
public void OnActionBegin(ActionEventArgs<MyClass> args)
{
if (args.Action == "add")
{

//args.Data validations here
{
//
prevent close dialog and show message code here
args.Cancel = true;
}
}
}

1 Reply

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team January 20, 2020 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Kamil, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We tried to reproduce the problem by creating a sample with the codes which you have shared with us. But the edit dialog template renders fine and update in Grid works fine with our sample. We are attaching the sample for your convenience, please download the sample from the link below, 

If you are still facing difficulties, kindly, get back to us with the following details for better assistance.  
  1. Share the sample which you have tried form your side. So that we could validate the script error from your side and provide a solution.
  2. If possible, kindly reproduce the problem with the attached sample and share with us for further analysis.
  3. Share the details of script error if any occurred in the browser console.
  4. Share the Syncfusion version details.

The provided information will help us analyze the problem, and provide you a solution as early as possible. 

Regards, 
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon