We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Generate and sign contract with pdf viewer

Hi

Using your pdf sign component i would like to do the following.

• Use template string to the pdf document such as {{name}} which would be populated by the angular client before the user was asked to sign.  Can this be done?
  • Alternatively can we have the user prompted to complete all of the required fields on the document and have those answers sent to our client for saving to the db?
  • Can we do something like docusign where the page scrolls to the correct area for signing or data entry.
There doesn’t seem to be any documentation / demos for the signing of pdf documents though currently your docs system is returning service unavailable so apologies if i missed it.

5 Replies

MS Mohan Selvaraj Syncfusion Team January 17, 2020 10:47 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Please find the details below, 

Use template string to the pdf document such as {{name}} which would be populated by the angular client before the user was asked to sign.  Can this be done? 
The populate should trigger manually if we click the text box or signing region contain the template string or once the document has been loaded into the PDF viewer control. Please provide more details about your requirement if the details are differ from your requirement.  
Alternatively can we have the user prompted to complete all of the required fields on the document and have those answers sent to our client for saving to the db? 

If you want to validate the form fields are filled or not using our EJ2 PDF viewer control. At present we do not provide support for it. However, we have already plan to implement the same and it will be included in our Volume 4 SP1 release which is available on end of January, 2020.  

Please provide more details if the above provided details are not meet your requirements. 
Can we do something like docusign where the page scrolls to the correct area for signing or data entry. 

Can you please provide more details about your requirement whether the signature field was focused after loading the PDF document which contain the fields or you mentioning different use cases from the above details? 

Regards, 
Mohan S 

DA David January 20, 2020 03:51 PM UTC

Templating:

I'm asking if we can somehow add template codes into the PDF somehow (i.e. search and replace or text label/id etc.)  so that the PDF text can be customised so that it contains the correct contract details (price, quantity etc.)  We do NOT want the customer to have to enter this themselves.  Note I am not referrring to form fields, but to the PDF text itself.

Can you please provide more details about your requirement whether the signature field was focused after loading the PDF document which contain the fields or you mentioning different use cases from the above details? 

Can we autoscroll the user to the next required form field (this is not the same requirement as above.)  

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team January 21, 2020 09:09 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Please find the details of your query from the below, 

Query 
Details 
I'm asking if we can somehow add template codes into the PDF somehow (i.e. search and replace or text label/id etc.)  so that the PDF text can be customised so that it contains the correct contract details (price, quantity etc.)  We do NOT want the customer to have to enter this themselves.  Note I am not referrring to form fields, but to the PDF text itself. 
Currently, the PDF viewer do not support editing and saving the texts in the PDF document. The feature “Editing and saving the text in the PDF document” does not come under the scope of the PDF viewer control and we are focusing only on displaying the PDF document and manipulating annotations in it. We do not have any plans to implement the support for editing and saving texts in the PDF documents.  

Can we autoscroll the user to the next required form field (this is not the same requirement as above.)   
Can you please provide more details about your requirement and the use case scenario? 

• Provide details about how you want to navigate to the next required field (i.e., when user click on the button or provide more details about it)

• Confirm us whether your requirement is to validate the required form fields on downloading and to focus the first non filled required form fields.

These details will be helpful for us to investigate further on your requirement and assist you better. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

DA David January 21, 2020 11:31 AM UTC

Ok thanks.

So if we want to personalise the PDF with the clients name for example it would have to be done on the server somehow?

PDF's with forms.

1. Can we re-populate the form fields (i.e. set default text or checkboxes)?
2. If yes to (1 )can we lock those form fields?
3. When the user clicks an external button can the form be validated to see if they have missed any required fields on the PDF, and then auto scroll to them if they have (including the signature box? )

Sorry for all the questions.

MS Mohan Selvaraj Syncfusion Team January 22, 2020 02:25 PM UTC

Hi David 
Please find the details below 
Can we re-populate the form fields (i.e. set default text or checkboxes)? 
We can re-populate the form fields by importing and exporting the form fields. We have created a simple PDF Viewer service and angular sample  for importing and exporting the form fields. 

Note: In the provided sample the json file which is imported on clicking the importformfields button will be placed in the service project location. 

We can import the data only for the same PDF document . For other PDF document you have the export the data for that specific document and import the same by specifying the exported Json file location inside the ImportFormFields method.  
If yes to (1 )can we lock those form fields? 
We don’t have support for lock the form fields. Can you please provide the more details about this query, that you need to make the form fields as read-only or un-editable. 
When the user clicks an external button can the form be validated to see if they have missed any required fields on the PDF, and then auto scroll to them if they have (including the signature box? ) 
At present we don’t have support for validating the required form fields on PDF and also for auto scroll to the unedited form fields. But we have  support for validating the entire form fields on downloading the PDF documents. So we will analysis further and update you with more details on January 27th 2020. 

Regards, 
Mohan S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon