We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Need the capability of drag and Drop while maintaining the double tap event

Hello, I am currently working with the scheduler in uwp. I am currently trying to activate the drag and drop and resize functionality and at the same having the functionality of the double tap. I manage to activate the drag and drop functionality, however i have to click the area three times quickly in order for the double tap to work. I notice that the drag and drop functionality creates a layout over the current selected appointment. this layout interfere with the double tap. I will like to know if there is a way to modify this control, or at least access the tap event on the layout it creates. That way I can call my custom appointment dialog when I tapped it. so it look like the double tap is working correctly and the user won't have to quickly click three time to manage to open the appointment dialog. I apprecioate the help.

Thanks

6 Replies

GC Ganeshamoorthy Chandramoorthy Syncfusion Team January 17, 2020 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Hector, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently we are analyzing on your query, we will analyze and update you the details on or before Tuesday (January 21, 2020). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Ganeshamoorthy C 

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team January 21, 2020 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Hector, 

Thank you for your patience. 

Based on the provided information, we have checked the mentioned issue “Double tap doesn’t work properly in schedulein UWP and we unable to replicate the issue from our end. We have tested the double tap with appointment resize and drag and drop, double tap event triggers on double tap the cell. We have prepared a sample for the same, 

Sample link: ScheduleUWP 

We have tested with Syncfusion update version 17.4.0.43

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with the following details, 

·       Device configuration details 
·       Issue reproducing video (if possible) 
·       SfSchedule version 

It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest.   

Regards,
Karthik Raja A 

HA Hector Asencio January 21, 2020 01:04 PM UTC

Hello Karthik Raja A ,

Thank you for your help. Attached is the sample modified to meet the need and with the problem at hand. I double click an empty cell in the schedule an it opens, but when I double click an appointment the drag and drop layout blocks me. I need to be able to single click an appointment and activate the drag and drop event, like in the sample attached, and I also need to be able to double click the appointment and open de appointment editor, or in case of the sample de content dialog.

Regards, 
Héctor Asencio

Attachment: ScheduleUWP2_53bb49ba.zip

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team January 22, 2020 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Hector, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have checked the provided sample and found that you are executing Drag and Drop command in single tap event, hence the double tap terminates on single tap and doesn’t end. To achieve your requirement you can use delay within single tap event before executing Drag and Drap command. 

Please refer the following code example for the same, 

private async void schedule_Tapped(object sender, TappedRoutedEventArgs e) 
   { 
            await Task.Delay(500); 
            ScheduleCommands.DragAndDropCommand.Execute(this.schedule); 
   } 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement, 
Sample link: ScheduleUWP 

We hope this helps. Kindly revert us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Karthik Raja A 

HA Hector Asencio January 23, 2020 02:28 PM UTC

THank you, I will be implementing that workaround in the meantime until a stronger solution appears. 

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team January 24, 2020 10:57 AM UTC

Hi Hector, 

Thank you for the update. 

We are glad that the provided information helped you to achieve your requirement. As we mentioned in our previous update, cell tap event will trigger first on cell double tapped which is the behavior to achieve your requirement we have used delay. 

Regards, 
Karthik Raja A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon