We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bind data from PivotView to arbitrary control and hide existing Pivot Chart; i.e. replace Pivot Grid with another control

Hi,
I want to show OLAP data in a Pie Chart.
This pie chart visualization is not one of the options currently offered by the PivotView component.

So as a general question, how do I bind the OLAP data in the PivotView to any other arbitrary control without showing the PivotView control itself.

Note that we still need to be able to see the Pivot Field List so it is not as easy as setting the style to display:none!

Can you provide and example of how to do this, please?

3 Replies

SN Sivamathi Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 10, 2020 04:29 PM UTC

Hi Barrie, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 
Response 
I  want to show OLAP data in a Pie Chart. 
This pie chart visualization is not one of the options currently offered by the PivotView component. 

We have already logged your requirement as a feature task. It will be include in our 2020 Volume 1 release which is estimated to be rolled out in the first week of march, 2020. You can track the same in the following link. 

how do I bind the OLAP data in the PivotView to any other arbitrary control without showing the PivotView control itself. 
We have rendered the heat map control with OLAP data and field list option to refresh the heat map control. Kindly check the below sample link. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sivamathi. 

BK Barrie Kulik January 10, 2020 04:45 PM UTC

Sorry Sivamathi, but I can't download from that link. It says 
                                                                                              Access Denied
You don’t have permission to access this file. The reason may be:
  • The incident associated with this file is not tied to the account you used to log in

SN Sivamathi Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 13, 2020 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Barrie, 

To download the provided sample link in our previous update, you need Syncfusion credentials. So, we have made the below sample link which doesn’t require credentials. 

Regards, 
Sivamathi. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon