We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

0x800a1391 - Javascript runtime error: '$' is undefined

I currently use the Syncfusion XLSIO, DOCIO, and PDF libraries, and have a license for all of the libraries. I'm trying to use some of the controls, but no matter which Syncfusion control I try, I get this error: "0x800a1391 - Javascript runtime error: '$' is undefined" at runtime. 
What am I missing?

5 Replies

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team January 3, 2020 09:19 AM UTC

Hi Bert, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked you query ("0x800a1391 - Javascript runtime error: '$' is undefined"). The reported issue will arise when jQuery script is not referred in your project. To resolve your reported issue, you need to refer the jQuery script properly in your project.  

We have prepared sample with Syncfusion EJ DatePicker. Kindly refer to the below link for the sample. 

If you still facing any difficulties refer the below KB documentation link to resolve your problem. 

Refer the below documentation link to know about configuring EJ components in ASP.NET application. 

If the reported problem still persist,  share us more details like the following listed below. 

·        List of EJ Controls used in your application and mention issue detail if it arises from particular EJ control. 

·        Screenshot or video sample of the issue. 

·        If possible, update the above attached sample by replicating the issue. 

This information would help us to isolate the root cause of the issue and provide the prompt solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

PG Pon Geetha A J Syncfusion Team January 3, 2020 12:55 PM UTC

When I run your sample app, I get this error: 

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\SyncfusionControlSample\WebApplication1\bin\roslyn\csc.exe'. 

Bert Sirkin              

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team January 3, 2020 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Bert, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have looked into your query. To run the previously updated sample, you need to install the Syncfusion.AspNet nuget package in the application.  

Refer the below image for reference. 

After installing the Nuget packages, build the solution and run it.  If you still face the similar issue, then please refer the below links. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this regard. 

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

PG Pon Geetha A J Syncfusion Team January 6, 2020 05:57 AM UTC

According to the attached, it’s already installed. 

Bert Sirkin              

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team January 6, 2020 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Bert, 

Thanks for the update. 

From your last update, we are unable to conclude whether the reported problems in your application is resolved or not. 

We have provided the solution for resolving the reported issues and the necessary details required for successfully configuring EJ components in ASP.NET Webforms application. 

Also, we have suggested some public forum links to resolve your last reported issue (Could not find a part of the path 'C:\SyncfusionControlSample\WebApplication1\bin\roslyn\csc.exe) 
 in our previous update. We request you to use those links or other similar links to resolve the reported issues at your end.  

Try upgrading the below mentioned NuGet package versions in your application, which might resolve this issue.   

·        Delete all the bin and obj folders from your application. 

·        Clean solution and rebuild your project again. 

·        Run below code in the Package Manager Console to re-install/upgrade Nuget packages from which roslyn files will be created. 

• Microsoft.Net.Compilers
    • Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform

Also, we have prepared our previous provided sample target to Visual Studio 2017. This issue might occur when you try run the application using its earlier version like VS 13 or VS 15. So, try to run our application with VS 17 or it later Visual Studio versions which might resolve the issue at your end. 

Refer the following links which might help you resolving the last reported issue. 

Based on Syncfusion support norms, we are bounded to provide support for Syncfusion components related queries, alone.  

Please, get back to us if you still face any problems related to Syncfusion components. We will be happy to assist you. For non Syncfusion related technical questions, please post your queries on public forums to get the expected solution. 

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon