We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Id property of FileManagerDirectoryContent

Hi,

I need to pass additional information in FileManagerResponse object (from Controller to Page), like a Guid value for each file/folder. The same Guid value I need during Create Folder action, via FileManagerDirectoryContent. On checking the FileManagerDirectoryContent class definition, there is an 'Id' property of string type. I would like to know what value does this 'Id' property refer to and whether I can use this property for my purpose.

Thank you,
Saravanan

5 Replies

SP Sowmiya Padmanaban Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Saravanan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We would like to inform you that, you can add the additional information to FileManagerResponse. Also, you can use the Id attribute as GUID for your requirement. If you are using this attribute then path parameter contains the file Id’s instead of name. Please refer the below images. 

Figure 1: Path contains file names 

Figure 2: Path contains file Ids 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Sowmiya.P 

SA Saravanan Arumugam November 1, 2019 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Sowmiya,

Thanks for the details. I actually need to know how to pass my custom data to File manager, along with Blob details. I have implemented the FileManager in my project as per below link. Then 'Id' property of FileManagerDirectoryContent in FileManagerResponse is empty. How to update this property with my Guid value? If possible kindly share some sample code for this.

Thanks and regards,
Saravanan.A

MK Muthukrishnan Kandasamy Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Saravanan, 

Yes. We were able to pass the custom parameter in FileManager along with blob details. 
In our Azure storage services, we have processed all the functionalities using ID property. 
So, we suggest you add the any other parameter name like Guid to add the custom parameter in File Manager. We have prepared sample for your convenience with additional parameter with Guid value as file name. Please find it below. 

Refer the below link for the sample, 

Refer the below image 

Could you please check the sample and get back to us, if you require any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Muthukrishnan K 

SA Saravanan Arumugam November 5, 2019 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Muthukrishnan,

Thanks for the sample code and I am able to pass my custom data to File manager from controller.

I was trying to use the events of FileManager and I couldn't find any documentation related to the events of FileManager. Can you provide me the link where I can get the details of using FileManager events.

Thanks,
Saravanan

MK Muthukrishnan Kandasamy Syncfusion Team November 6, 2019 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Saravanan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your reported query regarding File Manager events. We are working on the documentation and we will update these details in document sooner. For your reference, we have attached the event list for File Manager component in below link. 

Please let us know, if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Muthukrishnan K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon