We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

EJ2 Installation via NuGet

Hello,

The EJ2 documentation says that installation is with NPM.  There is also a Visual Studio NuGet package for Syncfusion.EJ2.JavaScript.

Can the installation be done with NuGet or is NPM required?

thank you,
Randy Craven

5 Replies

VR Vairamuthu Ramamoorthi Syncfusion Team October 29, 2019 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Randy, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We would like to let you know that based on your requirement, you can use our client side resources from both NuGet and NPM to render our EJ2 components. If you are using CORE and MVC platform, you can prefer with NuGet. Also, we have provided the documentation that explain how to include client-side resources from NPM in Core project. Please refer the below documentation link. 

If you are using client spa, you can use our packages from NPM to render our components. Please refer the below documentation about getting started with Asp.Net Core with Angular using project template. 

Also, please refer the below help documentation link for more details. 

Please check the above information and get back to us if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Vairamuthu R 

RC Randy Craven October 29, 2019 12:47 PM UTC

Hello Vairamuthu,

Thanks for your reply.

May I ask a related question, is there documentation available to help one choose between implementing EJ2 components in JavaScript, MVC or ASP.NET Core?  

For example:
  •  does one perform better than another from the user perspective?
  • which ones are rendered client side and which are server side?
Thank you,
Randy Craven

VR Vairamuthu Ramamoorthi Syncfusion Team October 30, 2019 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Randy, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have provided platform wise online demos and UG documentation for our EJ2 components. Please refer the below links for more details. 

Platform 
Demo 
Documentation 
JavaScript  
JavaScript (es5) 
ASPNet Core 
ASPNET MVC 

Also, please refer our KB docs from the below link. 

As stated earlier, you can prefer MVC & Core components for server side while JavaScript components for client side. Currently, we don’t have platform wise comparison metrics for our components. However, could you please check the above links and get back to us if you face any issue or need further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vairamuthu R 

RC Randy Craven July 6, 2020 10:12 PM UTC

Hello,

I would like to follow up on this thread and ask another question.

If I install EJ2 via NuGet, only the 'all component' files are installed (ej2.min.js) as opposed to the individual JS files (ej2-buttons, ej2-grids, etc.).

If I want to install the individual files in my project, is NPM required for this?

Thank you,
Randy Craven

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team July 7, 2020 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Randy, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Yes, we need NPM to install the individual component package since we do not have component wise NuGet packages. But, we can suggest you to check our CRG Web utility to generate the script files for required components. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon