We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Burger Menu Master/Detail

Hi Can I get some input on how to setup a sample using the forms in the UI Kit to achieve something similar to a Master Detail Page in Xamarin.Forms? 

There's MasterPage.xaml in the UI Kit to be used as the menu page but I don't see anything that provides all three components? how could this be accomplished?

7 Replies

MA Mario October 17, 2019 06:57 PM UTC

I attached a picture from the Essential UI Kit for Xamarin.Forms GitHub site. If you look at the picture, I would like to setup a sample from the Blog page (1). Open the navigation drawer (2). and then navigate to Bookmarks (3). How can this be achieved?

Attachment: Untitled_e7013b53.zip

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team October 18, 2019 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Essential UI Kit repository only contains the XAML pages and templates and the pages will not have any inter/intra navigations to other pages. But, we have provided commands in ViewModel for each applicable XAML elements there you can update your business logics for navigations. As per your requirement we have prepared a sample in the below location.

Sample : https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/148396/ze/Sample724395033  

Regards,
Yuvaraj 

MA Mario October 18, 2019 12:47 PM UTC

Ok the objective is to use the SfDrawer to show the menu instead of navigating to that page. and then launch pages from the SfDrawer.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 21, 2019 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Mario, 

We are facing problem when placed the rotator inside the scroll view and is framework bug . So we have already reported that issue in Xamarin.Forms. Please find the below link for this. 

We have prepared sample to overcome this problem and  you can download it from the below link,

Sample Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Sample-570494967

Please check with the sample and let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

MA Mario October 21, 2019 01:36 PM UTC

OK that works well but it looks like the MasterPage is not rendered properly? The Latest stories are bunched up and can't scroll?

MA Mario October 21, 2019 01:41 PM UTC

Sorry I mean't the ArticleListPage doesn't render the Latest Stories properly? Seems like they are bunched up and can't scroll? The rotator I'm not really concerned about. 

RB Rabhia Beham Kathar Mideenar Syncfusion Team October 22, 2019 08:33 AM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the update.

Since we have removed the ScrollView for the SfRotator issue, the items are getting bunched in the StackLayout in the Latest Stories. We have modified the sample with the Latest Stories inside the ScrollView. Please have the sample from the below link,

Sample Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Sample-532550467

Please check with the sample and let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Rabhia Beham K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon