We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridRecordNavigationControl

I have a GridRecordNavigationControl that contains a derived class of GDBG called CommonDataBoundGrid (extra methods, properties, etc.). In the PaneCreated event, I notice that the new pane is created as a GDBG. Is there any way that I can cause the new pane to be an instance of my class (CommonDataBoundGrid)?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2004 07:18 AM UTC

If you are using a derived grid, you need to override CreateNewControl in the derived class to create a new instance of your derived grid. Otherwise, when the grids are created for new panes, then instances of GridDataBoundGrid are created, and not instances of your derived grid. Here is a long forum thread that eventually gets around to this problem toward its end. (It discusses using a GridnControl in a splitter but the same type of comments apply to GridDataBoundGrid in a GridRecordNavigationControl). http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=10215

LS Lori S. Pearsall June 7, 2004 02:56 AM UTC

Thanks!!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon