We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Eraser tool

Does SfImageEditor have an eraser tool? Is it something we can code and add to a custom toolbar? Undo means I have to sequentially go backwards removing stroke by stroke so looking for some sort of eraser tool...Thank you

3 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 14, 2019 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Madhu, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have already considered Eraser tool as feature request and you can track the status from the link below. 

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features every release based on the demands and we do not have immediate plan to implement this feature since we committed with already planned work. So, this feature will be available any of our upcoming release. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

MG Madhu Ganesh September 22, 2020 09:39 PM UTC

Any update on when this feature will be available?

In the meantime, I wanted to use the pen tool with Color.White as an alternative for eraser tool not being there, however it also erases the underlying image. Is there any way we can have the pen tool when the color is Color.White, overwrite all colors except black as I do not want the black outline of the facial features to get erased (screenshot attached)?

Thank you,
Madhu

Attachment: Screen_Shot_20200922_at_2.37.36_PM_361a26a1.zip

RS Ramya Soundar Rajan Syncfusion Team September 23, 2020 11:57 AM UTC

Query 1: Any update on when this feature will be available?  

Currently, we do not have an immediate plan to implement this feature since we committed with already planned work. We will prioritize the features of every release based on the demands So, this feature will be available any of our upcoming releases.   

Query 2:  Is there any way we can have the pen tool when the color is Color.White, overwrite all colors except black as I do not want the black outline of the facial features to get erased  

No. We would like to inform you that when using the white color to draw then it will draw on top of the image. So, it will merge over the image also, it makes an appearance like destruction on the provided image. You have to draw the path with a white color other than the facial outline in the loaded image.  

Regards, 
Ramya S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon