We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Scheduler - customize view

Hi Team,

I'm building a prototype application and I got a requirement to customize Scheduler's week view (https://ej2.syncfusion.com/react/demos/#/material/schedule/resource-grouping)

I've attached an image showing my requirements.
From left: the first column is displaying the name of weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, etc), the rest of the columns represents resources.
So as you can see the first car is used from 23 January from 08:00 till 26 January till 16:00, the same car is used again from 28 January 08:00 till 30 January 14:00 and so one.

I wasn't able to find something that fits my needs so I'm asking for Your help.

If this is possible to do I'd like to ask for a sample project. If that's too much please write how can I get this kind of view.

Best regards,
Tomasz

Attachment: Prototype1_5f0da6a5.zip

8 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team October 8, 2019 05:24 AM UTC

Syncfusion greetings. 

Currently it possible to display the resource on left side and dates on top by disabling the timescale. Kindly refer the below links. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

TJ Tomasz Jagusz October 8, 2019 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Karthigeyan,

thank you for the links, but I need the opposite - I want resources on top (from left to right) and time on left (from top to bottom). So Your view should be fliped 90 degrees.
Please take a look at the attached image.

Best regards,
Tomasz

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team October 9, 2019 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz,  

Thanks for the update. 

Currently it is not possible and we logged it as below feature request which will be included in any one of our upcoming main release. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

TJ Tomasz Jagusz October 9, 2019 08:18 AM UTC

Hi again,
thank you for creating a feature request for this.
I'd like to add to the thread that I need this to create an app that will allow reserving items (cars, bikes, scooters).
My future client already has a desktop app that has this type of view. He wants to move to a web-based app, but his requirement is to have the exact same view.
He wants to have resources horizontally, like in https://ej2.syncfusion.com/demos/#/material/schedule/group-custom-work-days.html, but instead having multiple columns per resource (Will has 4 columns, Alice 3 and Robson 5) I want to have single column per resource and a vertical timeline on left.

This type of view will be used with multiple resources (for example with 40 cars), so it is very compact.
It would be awesome if this view would allow hiding/showing resources, similar to https://ej2.syncfusion.com/demos/#/material/schedule/resource.html

As first you will see all the cars, but you will be able to filter them, for example, show only vans or sports cars.

If possible please add more context to feature request.

Best regards,
Tomasz

TJ Tomasz Jagusz October 9, 2019 08:21 AM UTC

Hi Karthigeyan,

I've just found a demo of other web-based product that has such a view: https://www.bryntum.com/examples/scheduler/vertical/
This could be a good reference.

Best regards,
Tomasz

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team October 10, 2019 05:49 AM UTC

TJ Tomasz Jagusz June 28, 2022 07:49 AM UTC

Any updates on this?

RM Ruksar Moosa Sait Syncfusion Team June 29, 2022 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for the update.

Feature request will be implemented in any of our upcoming releases. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we will review all the open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest and its importance in component. Priority will be given to feature request which has maximum number of votes. So, we request you to keep track of the status through the feedback.

Regards,

Ruksar Moosa Sait

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon