We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Abnormal behavior of toolstrip items

Hi,

I have been experiencing issues regarding toolstrip behavior for ribboncontrol.  First off is it not possible to manually drag the individual toolstrip in case I want to change their order in the ribbon?  Because I tried doing it and it just won't align to position.  Second, I find it very odd that suddenly the actual toolstrip becomes invisible where in fact the actual component is still visible.  Please see below:

You can see that the particular toolstrip component is selected but nothing shows selected in the ribbon (in fact the actual toolstrip is not visible).  This happened while I was trying to move 1 toolstrip into another position.

Lastly why is the image scaling in the toolstrip buttons seem to be having different results?  Normally if i set it to SizeToFit the image would automatically size correctly.  But I cannot size them properly now.  The PNG image is the same (barcode icon).

Appreciate support.

Thanks,

5 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 11:21 AM UTC

Hi San 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Query #1: I have been experiencing issues regarding toolstrip behavior for ribboncontrol.  First off is it not possible to manually drag the individual toolstrip in case I want to change their order in the ribbon?  Because I tried doing it and it just won't align to position.  Second, I find it very odd that suddenly the actual toolstrip becomes invisible where in fact the actual component is still visible.  Please see below: You can see that the particular toolstrip component is selected but nothing shows selected in the ribbon (in fact the actual toolstrip is not visible).  This happened while I was trying to move 1 toolstrip into another position.

We have checked the reported query and understood that you want to change the order of ToolStripEx at design time. In order to change the position of ToolStripEx, you need to change the order using the following steps as shown in the below screenshot and video: 

So no need to drag the ToolStripEx manually to change its positions. 

Query #2:  Lastly why is the image scaling in the toolstrip buttons seem to be having different results?  Normally if i set it to SizeToFit the image would automatically size correctly.  But I cannot size them properly now.  The PNG image is the same (barcode icon). 

On analyzing the reported query, we are unable to understand your query clearly.  But on observing the screenshot, you mean the image with SizeToFit scaling property has shrinken and you cannot size it properly.  If this is the issue, it is the functionality of the the SizeToFit property, which would make the size of the image on a ToolStripItem to automatically adjust to fit on a ToolStripEx while retaining the original image proportions . Also we have attached the video for your reference that shows the behavior of SizeToFit 

If our understanding on your query Is different, kindly provide us the clear explanation, it would be very helpful for us to proceed on this further. 

Please let us know if you have any other concerns on this. 

Regards 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

SA San October 8, 2019 02:03 AM UTC

Hi Vijayalakshmi,

Thank you for the explanation.  However, please refer to below further inquiries.

1. Regarding toolstrip positioning, the Manage ToolStripEx item cannot be seen when I click on the RibbonPanel Tasks smart tag.

So I wasn't able to duplicate the method that you suggested for reordering the position of the individual ToolStripEx.
Also you weren't able to clarify the issue on the "disappearing" ToolStripEx.

As you can see there are supposed to be 6 toolstrips in the ribbon but only 5 can be seen. I don't know what happened as I cannot seem to be able to display the missing toolstrip anymore.  And this is what happens when I tab into the items in the "missing" toolstrip (toolstripAsahi) while in designer view:

This is really weird as I have not deleted the affected toolstrip, it just became like that when I tried manually moving the toolstrips from their original position.  I could just delete the problematic toolstrip and recreate from scratch but I want to understand the issue so that I will know if it is something I did wrong.

2.  As for the image resizing, I was able to find out the difference.  It was affected by the ToolStripEx.ImageScalingSize property.  The setting here limits the actual scaling of the image in the ToolStripEx member items (in my case the image of the toolstrip button).  I just copied the setting I made for the other toolstrips, must have forgotten that I customized this earlier.

Your help is very much appreciated as always.  

Thanks and regards,

ON Olety Nikhilesh Olety Nagendra Syncfusion Team October 8, 2019 11:03 AM UTC

Hi San, 
Thank you for the update. 

Regarding toolstrip positioning, the Manage ToolStripEx item cannot be seen when I click on the RibbonPanel Tasks smart tag. 
This feature was included in our Essential Studio version 17.3.0.14, so can you update to this version for using this feature. 
As you can see there are supposed to be 6 toolstrips in the ribbon but only 5 can be seen. I don't know what happened as I cannot seem to be able to display the missing toolstrip anymore.  And this is what happens when I tab into the items in the "missing" toolstrip (toolstripAsahi) while in designer view: 

As we have already mentioned in our previous update, we do not have a support to drag and drop the ToolStripEx for changing order, but even when drag and dropped a ToolStripEx inside the RibbonPanel, it will go back to its original position and if its dropped outside the RibbonPanel, it will just stay in the dropped position and will not go hidden , we also tried to select its item when its outside the RibbonPanel and we didn’t face the exception on our side. 

So, can you please provide the steps you followed for this issue? 

Please refer the below video for further reference. 

As for the image resizing, I was able to find out the difference.  It was affected by the ToolStripEx.ImageScalingSize property.  The setting here limits the actual scaling of the image in the ToolStripEx member items (in my case the image of the toolstrip button).  I just copied the setting I made for the other toolstrips, must have forgotten that I customized this earlier. 

We are glad to hear that this issue was resolved at your end. 

Please let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Nikhilesh O 

SA San October 10, 2019 05:25 AM UTC

Hi Nikhilesh,

I really am not sure what I did exactly that caused the particular toolstripex to suddenly "disappear".  All I remember is that I tried manually dragging one of the toolstrips into different positions and this happened.  Anyway I will just monitor this case if ever it will happen again.

As for the new version, I am still downloading the update as download speed here is very slow when downloading from your site.  Not sure why but I guess it has something to do with our network being routed to our HQ in Korea.

Thanks again!

ON Olety Nikhilesh Olety Nagendra Syncfusion Team October 11, 2019 07:30 AM UTC

Hi San, 

Thank you for the update. 

If you reproduce the scenario, please let us about it. Until then we will wait to hear from you. 

Regards, 
Nikhilesh O 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon