We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Looking for a tutorial on creating a web API that is connected to a DB.

I'm looking for a tutorial that teaches me how to create a web API (with C#) that is connected to a database. It doesn't matter to me what kind of SQL the tutorial is using, but I want to create the API with C#. It would be nice if the tutorial would also teach me on how to authenticate a user through the API.

I haven't had any succes finding a good up to date tutorial for what I'm looking for. Most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with) It would be nice if the tutorial is using JSON, but XML would be fine aswell.

I'm hoping someone can tell me where exactly I should start learning what I want. Perhaps a link to one or multiple tutorials would be nice.

5 Replies

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team September 23, 2019 12:07 PM UTC

Hi BenzilLobo, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion.  

We have found some useful blogs which help to work on your requirement. 

https://dotnettutorials.net/lesson/web-api-with-sql-server/  - this is very simple and easy to connect  
https://www.codingame.com/playgrounds/35462/creating-web-api-in-asp-net-core-2-0/part-1---web-api this is having brief details about WEB API connection with data base and data retrieving.  

Please let us know if any concerns.  

Regards, 
Gurunathan  

BE BenzilLobo replied to BenzilLobo September 24, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

I'm looking for a tutorial that teaches me how to create a web API (with C#) that is connected to a database. It doesn't matter to me what kind of SQL the tutorial is using, but I want to create the API with C#. It would be nice if the tutorial would also teach me on how to authenticate a user through the API.

I haven't had any succes finding a good up to date tutorial for what I'm looking for. Most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with) It would be nice if the tutorial is using JSON, but XML would be fine aswell.

I'm hoping someone can tell me where exactly I should start learning what I want. Perhaps a link to one or multiple tutorials would be nice.

Appvalley

I haven't had any succes finding a good up to date tutorial for what I'm looking 

https://vlc.onl/

for. Most tutorials I found are outdated or are not connected using a database. (or use other languages that I'm not comfortable with) It would be nice if the tutorial is using JSON, but XML would be fine aswell. 

Tweakbox

my issue got slved!

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team September 25, 2019 06:09 AM UTC

Hi BenzilLobo,  

Thanks for the update.  We are happy to assist you.  

Regards, 
Gurunathan  

HS Harsh Shah February 25, 2020 04:48 AM UTC

AS Amos Smith April 22, 2020 11:00 PM UTC

Thank you, very helpful 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon