We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Extending / modifying grid?

How feasible is it to add features or change functionality of the data grid? Are there examples of users who have forked the grid repo(s) and made changes that way? Let me know if there is any guide or best practices for doing this. Thanks

3 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team September 18, 2019 09:43 AM UTC

Hi Josh, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Based on your query we suspect that you want to extent/modify the feature in Grid. By default we have some features in Grid and it is explained in the following documentation and online demo link. 

Please provide the details of your requirement/ feature to achieve in Grid that would be more helpful for us to provide better assistance.  

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

JP Josh Peterson September 18, 2019 03:41 PM UTC

I actually don't have a feature in mind right now, but for this project it's likely something will come up. 

I've been looking at the typescript source, just wondering if there is any documentation that would help. 

But maybe the answer is just that I should seek support from you if/when I want to make an extension that's not straight forward.

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team September 19, 2019 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Josh, 

We have discussed some of customer preferred scenarios in the following help documentation.  

If you have any other concern on this then please get back to us. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon