We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Use control to make a barcode label

Hi! 
Would like to ask if the barcode control can be used to make a custom barcode label.  I am making an application that will need to print barcode labels and find it hard to design the labels.  Do I need to have a report designer for this or just make custom form designs?

Appreciate any suggestions.

7 Replies

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team September 10, 2019 01:28 PM UTC

Hi San, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

You can create custom barcode using different barcode customization. Please refer the below UG documentation link for more details, 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Sowmiya L 

SA San September 28, 2019 02:22 AM UTC

Hi,

What I mean is I want to be able to make a label design within the running application,similar to an end user report designer.  The labels are to be printed to custom labels using a Zebra thermal printer.  Below is a sample of the label design.

I want the user to have the capability to create/edit the label design and then have it dynamically printed within the application based on user input.  For example, the above QR code label is supposed to be serialized, meaning based on a start and last serial number the user inputs the barcode value and text varies.

Incidentally, although this should be posted in the WPF forums, can this be done using the Report Designer control? If so, kindly suggest ways to do this.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team September 30, 2019 11:33 AM UTC

Hi San, 

We can create a report with barcode report item in ReportDesigner. Please refer the below help documentation link to add Barcode as a custom report item. 

Regards, 
Sowmiya Loganathan 

SA San October 1, 2019 11:39 PM UTC

Hi Sowmiya,

Thanks for this.  However I cannot seem to make it work.  I followed everything in the guide and the project built successfully but I still cannot see the barcode report item.  I am very new to WPF and I don't know if there is something I might have overlooked.  But basically what I did was just to add the custom barcode report item dll into the sample report designer project from the guide.

Also related to this why can't I see the SfBarcode control in my toolbox?  Is this related to my version of the assemblies?

Thanks,

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team October 2, 2019 10:23 AM UTC

Hi San, 

From the latest product version  17.3.0.9, when install the NuGet package Syncfusion.SfBarcode.WPF it automatically shows in Toolbox. Otherwise if you need to show the SfBarcode control in Toolbox for other version older than this, please refer the Syncfusion.SfBarcode.WPF  to the respective application. 

Please try this and let us know if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Sowmiya Loganathan 

SA San October 4, 2019 05:19 AM UTC

Ok got it thanks!

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 05:14 AM UTC

Hi San, 

Thank you for the update. We glad to hear that the issue is resolved. 

Regards, 
Sowmiya Loganathan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon