We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Visual Studio 2019 Toolbox not showing

Hi,

I have installed Syncfusion v17 latest (Winforms) I have got visual studio 2019. But in my toolbox there is no syncfusion tools. I have run assembly manager re-install everything. Delete *.tbd files etc.. And re-run Toolbox Utility but its giving me "You must run Assembly Manager Utility before running Toolbox Utility". I have run assembly manager utility so many times.I have checked \Syncfusion installed Folder\Windows\17.2.0.34\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers but there is no Vs2019 toolbox extension. There is a file named SyncfusionToolboxInstaller_VS2017.vsix. Maybe i need vs2019 version. What i have to do ?

3 Replies

BR Balaji Renganathan Syncfusion Team September 5, 2019 01:05 PM UTC

HI Ibrahim, 

Greetings from Syncfusion! 

Please try the below steps to resolve the reported issue with the toolbox configuration.    

1. Run the SyncfusionToolboxInstaller_VS2017.vsix in admin mode using VSIXInstaller.exe from the following location.   

Syncfusion Toolbox VSIX Location: {Installed Drive}\{Program Files}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{PlatformName}\{Version}\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\SyncfusionToolboxInstaller_VS2017.vsix 

Example : C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\17.2.0.34\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\SyncfusionToolboxInstaller_VS2017.vsix  

Admin Mode   
1. Open the command prompt window in admin mode.  

2. Navigate to Visual Studio 2019 IDE Location mentioned below.   

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Preview\Common7\IDE   

3. Run the VSIXInstaller.exe with the below commands.   

VSIXInstaller.exe /a /q " {Syncfusion Toolbox VSIX Location} "   

Example : VSIXInstaller.exe /a /q "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\17.2.0.34\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\SyncfusionToolboxInstaller_VS2017.vsix"   

2. Now, navigate to the below location in command prompt.  

Location: {Installed Drive}\{Program Files}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{PlatformName}\{Version}\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\ToolboxInstallerConsole_VS2017.exe   

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\17.2.0.34\Utilities\ToolBoxInstallers\ToolboxInstallerConsole_VS2017.exe   

3. Run the ToolboxInstallerConsole_VS2017.exe with the below arguments.   

>ToolboxInstallerConsole_VS2017.exe /action:install /framework:4.6 /platform:WindowsForms /vsversion:2019 /ispkgdefremovealone:true   

Note: If you want to configure the other framework in Visual Studio 2019, edit the /framework  value as 4.0 or 4.5 or 4.6. You can also modify the platform as WPF if you want to configure WPF controls and ASP.NET to configure ASP.NET platform controls in Visual Studio toolbox.   

In case if you are still facing the same issue, then please share the below details to check further on our end and provide you the solution at the earliest.   

1.  Platform name to which you facing the toolbox configuration issue.  

2.  Follow the steps suggested in the below KB article link and send us the zip file which consists of complete Syncfusion Installer logs generated by our tool.      

http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/2331     

Regards,   
Balaji R 

VT vinod tarsariya November 4, 2019 04:31 AM UTC

Hello Dear, 
I have same issue and i followed all step which you mention at here. But i am facing below issue during execution of this command.
Command : >ToolboxInstallerConsole_VS2017.exe /action:install /framework:4.6 /platform:WindowsForms /vsversion:2019 /ispkgdefremovealone:true 
Error : Arguments should be {Action} {Framework} Eg: reinstall 4.6

Regards,
Vinod Tarsariya

Attachment: syncfusion_error_d11e3d74.zip

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

To check the reported toolbox issue at our end, please follow the steps suggested in the below KB article link and send us the zip file which consists of complete Syncfusion Installer logs generated by our tool. It would be much helpful for us to analyze the reported issue.

http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/2331  

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon