We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sfNumericTextBox does not shows comma and dots on virtual keyboard on Samsung Devices

When using a sfNumericTextBox with 2 decimal cases, the keyboard is not showing (dot and commas) on Samsung Devices. So it's impossible to enter decimal values.

It seems to happens only on Samsung Devices. The language of the devices is Portuguese - BR.

How can I workaround this?

14 Replies

CE Cezar September 2, 2019 04:04 AM UTC

It's even worse. I think it does not work at all with PTBR keyboards.

I was able to enter the value 5,5 using my Xiaomi MiA2, but it saves me 55 instead of 5.5.

Here in Brasil, we use, for decimal separator.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Cezar,  

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query 1:  it's impossible to enter decimal values. 

Yes, there is an issue in the frame work that the decimal separator key (comma) is not shown in the keyboard on SAMSUNG devices. You can refer it in the below link.  

We made an improvement to resolve the above issue is, allows the dot as comma separator for the culture which is based on Azerty keyboard. But the value will be updated with comma after the control is unfocused. This improvement has been moved in our Volume 1 2019 SP1 release v 17.1.0.47 (feedback link). 

Query 2: I was able to enter the value 5,5 using my Xiaomi MiA2, but it saves me 55 instead of 5.5. 

We have already fixed the issue. We have created a patch for this fix.  
Please find the patch details below:  

Note: We have provided patch in the version 17.2.0.46 as we couldn’t create patch for weekly NuGet version.   

Please find the patch setup from the below location.      

(OR)   

Please find the patch assemblies from the below location.      

(OR)   

Please find the NuGet from the below location.   

Assembly Version: 17.2.0.46  

Disclaimer:     
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.2.0.46 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this incident. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.

Could you please crosscheck at your end by clearing the NuGet cache as mentioned in this link? and refer the provided NuGet and confirm us whether you can resolve this issue. We will include this fix in our upcoming weekly NuGet release which is available on September 10th, 2019. 

Regards, 
Rachel.   

IV Ivo Ventura September 11, 2019 12:09 PM UTC

Hello Rachel,

We are having the same issue reported, using the nuget that was released yesterday.

Do you guys have any workaround to make the comma and dot appear of Samsung devices ?

Best Regards,
Ivo Ventura

CE Cezar September 11, 2019 02:32 PM UTC

It seems to work! My client will test it and I will tell here if it worked!

Edit.: It still does not work as expected! The user was able to enter the correct value only once, then on next fields it didn't worked anymore.

CE Cezar September 11, 2019 06:16 PM UTC

I think I found another detail:

The main problem NOW seems to be using Maximum.

When The Maximum is 50!

1.1 = Works
9.9 = Works
12.1 = Doesn't work! It becomes 50!

LR Lakshmi Radha Krishnan Syncfusion Team September 13, 2019 02:53 AM UTC

Hi Cezar,

We are checking the issue with high priority, we will provide you the fix for this reported issue on Sep 13th, 2019. Appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,

Lakshmi R.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team September 16, 2019 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Cezar, 

We have already fixed the reported issue at our end. Moreover, we have considering the few more important cases along with this fix. So, we will provide patch for this issue on September 18th, 2019. However, the consolidated fix will be available in the Volume 3 2019 main release which is scheduled to be available in the last week of September. 

Regards, 
Rachel. 

CE Cezar September 23, 2019 06:08 PM UTC

Is the patch ready? Where can I download it?

CE Cezar September 23, 2019 07:48 PM UTC

I just tested it with 17.3.0.9 and it's still not working. Not even the previous patch seems to be included there.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team September 24, 2019 07:21 AM UTC

Hi Cezar, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are not able to move this fix to the beta version because of the time constraint in covering all the possible scenarios. But now we have generated custom NuGet in the version 17.3.0.9 by including all the reported issues and as we mentioned earlier the fix will be moved in the Vol 3 main release which is scheduled to be available on first week of October. 

Please check after clearing the NuGet cache as mentioned in this link before referring the above NuGet and confirm us whether you are able to resolve the issue. 

Note: The patch support is not available for the weekly NuGet version and beta version. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team September 28, 2019 01:03 AM UTC

Hi Rachel,

for me the keyboard is also not showing the comma (Samsung Galaxy S10e, Android 9).
The language of the device is german and I setted the SfNumericBox culture in code to "de-DE".

I already installed "CustomNuGet1338797853" and with this its still not working.

Also when typing in only a dot "." then my app crashes with a "System.FormatException: 'Input string was not in a correct format.'".

Looking forward for your help.

Kind regards,
Thomas B.

LR Lakshmi Radha Krishnan Syncfusion Team October 1, 2019 02:19 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

We are able to reproduce the System.FormatException at our end and we are checking this issue with high priority. We will update you the status in two business day on Oct 3rd, 2019.

Regards,
Lakshmi R.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Thomas, 

We have fixed the issue. As we have to ensure some scenarios in testing will update the status on 9th October 2019. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 11, 2019 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Thomas, 

We have fixed the reported issue. Please find the patch details in the version 17.3.0.14. 

Please find the patch setup from the below location.     

(OR)   

Please find the patch assemblies from the below location.      

(OR)   

Please find the NuGet from the below location.   

Assembly Version: 17.3.0.14  

Disclaimer:     
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.3.0.14 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this incident. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received. 

Could you please crosscheck at your end by clearing the NuGet cache as mentioned in this link? and refer the provided NuGet and confirm us whether you can resolve this issue. We will include this fix in our upcoming weekly NuGet release which is available on October 15th, 2019. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon