We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

General questions about Report platform

Hello Syncfusion, 

Firstly, I would thank you for your good support and I wish you more success.
I'm developper of the .Net applications (Winforms) and usualy I use Crystal report to generate reports.
Now, since I use your controls in my application, I want use your report platform. However, I'm new in this and I don't know how and by what I must begin? 

1) Is there an easy tutorial showing the steps of creating, deployment of the reports ?
2) How embedded report designer and deploy it in winform application for allow end user to customize its reports ?

Best regards

5 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Cosyspro, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Query 
Response 
1) Is there an easy tutorial showing the steps of creating, deployment of the reports ? 
You can refer the below help documentation for creating and deploying reports with our reporting control. 

2) How embedded report designer and deploy it in winform application for allow end user to customize its reports ? 
Currently we don’t have our reporting controls in WindowsForm platform, but you can use our WPF ReportViewer and ReportDesigner with WinForms using ElementHost. So, could you please confirm whether your requirement to embed the WPF Report Designer in WinForms application. It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CO Cosyspro August 27, 2019 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth, 
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I confirm my requirement to embed the WPF Report Designer in WinForms application.

Question:
The WPF Report Designer, is it the only solution allowinf end user to customize its reports ? If no, what the simple and easy tool to embedded in WinForms application toallow end user to customize its reports ?

Regards 

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 28, 2019 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Cosyspro, 

Currently we don’t have reporting control in Windows Forms platform, so you have to use WPF ReportDesigner to customize your reports. However, as we updated in previous response you can use WPF report designer in Windows Forms using Element Host control. Please find the sample from below location. 

Refer to the below MSDN link for more details on Element Host control.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.integration.elementhost(v=vs.110).aspx 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CO Cosyspro September 26, 2020 09:19 AM UTC

Hi Syncfusion,
Is the syncfusion report designer wpf free for community license?
Where and how I can download it ? I can't use my account as syncfusion community license.
Best regards

MS Muthuramana Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team September 28, 2020 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Cosyspro, 

As per our plan of having the reporting components as separate from our Syncfusion Essential Studio, we have introduced Bold Reports from Syncfusion. Based on this migration, we will not have any further feature updates with Syncfusion Essential Studio reporting products from now onwards. 

We have dropped the WPF Report Designer from development based on this migration and we will not have any further updates in this. You can use the Standalone Report Designer for designing the reports. Please refer the below documentation for further details, 

Regards, 
Muthu Ramana S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon