We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Get ComboboxItems/Set selected index/item in automated UITest

Hey, I'm trying to create a UITestfor my xamarin form project and I'm trying to access the list of items in a combobox, but I can see in REPL that the "popup window" does not have any name/ID I can access. I my specific instance I have more items in the dropdown window than can be shown, so I need to scroll it, however I'm unable to do so without a ID or similar I can access the list with.

Is there any other way I can select any index or item in the combo box?

Thanks in regard!

3 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 30, 2019 12:38 PM UTC

Hi E Komplet, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.   

We have analyzed your requirement and we would like to inform you that currently we don’t have support for this in SfComboBox.  

Currently we are validating this feature request with our control. We will update you the status of this on or before August 6th, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.    

Thanks,   
Muneesh Kumar G.   

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Hi E Komplet, 

Thanks for your patience.  

Provide the AutomationId support for SfComboBox “we have logged a feature request on this and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

We will provide you the fix for this feature on August 13th, 2019. Also, we will give you the elements accessing details according to that patch.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 13, 2019 05:17 PM UTC

Hi E Komplet,  

We have provided the Automation ID support for the SfComboBox. Please download the patch from below location. 

Please find the patch setup from below location: 

Please find the patch assemblies alone from below location:   

Please find the NuGet from below location: 

Assembly Version: 17.2.0.34 

Disclaimer: 
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.2.0.34 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this incident. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.   

Please refer the below images for more detail: 

This fix will be included in our Vol 2 SP 1 release, which will be available on end of August 2019.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon