We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Appointment not shown in SfSchedule if Start DateTime is equal to End DateTime

Hi,

Good day. This is my first time using the syncfusion controls and I'm experimenting with Xamarin Form sfSchedule.

I notice one issue where I input an appointment which the Start Date and Time equal to End Date and Time, the appointment disappear from the schedule and there is no way to re-select using the CellTapped event to bring it back.

I test using the appointment editor inside Xamarin form Synfusion Component App sample from Google Play Store, which also end up with same behavior. 

Shall the appointment occupy some space (let's say half and hour slot space) in the sfSchedule so it can be re-selected and re-edited rather than missing in no where?

Or perhaps any property in sfSchedule to assign so the appointment with same start and end datetime can appear on sfSchedule ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Gavin

3 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 19, 2019 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Rekaware, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the provided information, your requirement of “Appointment should occupy some space when start and end Date and Times are equal” can be achieved by setting MinHeight property of ScheduleAppointment. Since Start and End Time values are equal appointment height becomes zero hence appointment doesn’t show up in view. By setting Minimum Appointment Height value, appointment will display with minimum height.

Please refer the following code, 

[C#] 
scheduleAppointmentCollection.Add(new ScheduleAppointment() 
    StartTime = new DateTime(2019, 07, 19, 10, 0, 0), 
    EndTime = new DateTime(2019, 07, 19, 10, 0, 0), 
    Subject = "Meeting", 
    MinHeight = 30, 
    Color = Color.FromHex("#FFD80073") 
}); 

Kindly refer our UG documentation to know more about MinHeight property of Schedule and its limitations, 

We hope this helps. Kindly revert us if you have any concern. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V     

RE Rekaware July 19, 2019 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Subburaj Pandian V,

Yes the information given is very useful. Although I am not using ScheduleAppointment class however the issue can be solved in similar way by adding a MinHeight property in my custom class and map using ScheduleAppointmentMapping.MinHeightMapping in XAML.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Gavin

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 19, 2019 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Gavin, 

Thank you for the update. We are glad that the given solution meets your requirement. 

Yes, you can map the MinHeight property and use the same.  

Please get in touch with us, if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V     

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon