We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Delete unused stuff

Hi there guys. I want to leave only the standart pdfviewer with no toolbar, is there a safe way in which i can remove all the unused parts from the nuget package or how can i achieve this? Because the app's size is justi huge and i understand that i don't even use a half of all that stuff installed.

4 Replies

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team July 2, 2019 02:40 PM UTC

Hi Pavlo,  

Kindly provide us with more details about removing the parts from nuget package. Do you mean removing the files installed as part of the SfPdfViewer nuget package as shown below?  

Or removing the code in the SfPdfViewer assembly related to features such as text search, annotations, bookmarks?  

Also please provide the following details.  
1.       Platform in which you want to achieve this requirement.  
2.       The file size of the application in the desired platforms  

These details will help us understand the problem better and provide you with an appropriate solution.  

Best, 
Navaneetha Kannan  

PA Pavlo July 2, 2019 07:21 PM UTC

I don't know exactly what will decrease the app's size, so i let u decide :) I want to leave only the basic functionality - viewing without any toolbars
1. Currently i am working on Xamarin.Forms, focusing Android platform.
2. The maximum reduced size - the best :) 

JP Jhansi Priya Ramesh Syncfusion Team July 3, 2019 01:47 PM UTC

Hi Pavlo, 

Thank you for your update. 

We could not decrease the size of application by disabling the PDFViewer features (Enable/Disable toolbar, text search, text selection, annotations etc.) or by removing the unused packages from the Nuget folder. However, you can optimize the size of application by changing the linker property of the Xamarin Forms Android project as mentioned in the below screenshot. 

Please let us know if any concern 

Regards, 
Jhansi   

PA Pavlo July 3, 2019 05:28 PM UTC

Already have done it, but still thanks for your support! This topic can be closed

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon