We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change Format Date in Expression Column

Hi support team,

I want to change format of date from 'yyyy-MM-dd' to 'dd-MM-yyyy' in expression column.
Could you show me the way how to change format of date in expression column?
Thank you for your attention,

Best Regards,

Juliana

3 Replies

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team June 17, 2019 06:09 AM UTC

Hi Juliana,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We can achieve your requirement in two ways by using either "Expression" or “Custom date format” option.  
  1. By using Expression:
Create an Expression like as below to convert your date column format,  
CONCAT(DATEPART("day", [date column]), '-', DATEPART("month", [date column]), '-', DATEPART("year", [date column]))  

1. By using Custom date format option:
  1. Bind your date column in a widget and select Date format by clicking the “Settings” button. For Example Grid widget.

1. Click the settings button and choose the “Settings” option

1. In the Format combo box, select the “Custom Format option” and enter your desired format in Custom Format text box of Date Settings window. Finally, click OK button.

1. The resultant grid will be shown as like below,

Note:  
Custom format option has been restricted for some controls like the chart. Please refer below documentation link to know more about custom formatting option, https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-designer/compose-dashboard/custom-date-formatting   

Please let us know, if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

BJ Birgita Juliana June 17, 2019 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Renuka,
Thank you for help to solving my problem.

Best Regards,

Juliana

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team June 17, 2019 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Juliana,  

Thanks for your update.

We are glad that the provided solution works at your end. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon