We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

FontComboBox not autopopulated and documentation is lacking

I decided on using the FontComboBox on my simple editor but am finding the documentation a bit lacking. For example:

The FontComboBox is a combo box-derived controls that are automatically populated with the fonts installed on the user’s system. It provide an easy way to fill a combo box with system fonts.

But despite that statement on the Overview page, the control is NOT automatically populated with the list of fonts in the system. If I used the designer functionality on the form I tried with Auto-bound but then it asks me for information how to bind it, if I select Unbound then I have to enter a list of items. For the 2nd option I entered a list of fonts, one per line, like "Garamond", "Courier New", "Palatino", etc. but at runtime the control is empty.

3 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team June 3, 2019 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Emilio, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

We have tried your reported scenario using below attached in our latest Syncfusion product version 17.1.0.47. But the system fonts are populated automatically. So, please let us know the below attached sample differ from your customization. It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

EG Emilio Grimaldo June 5, 2019 03:04 PM UTC

I tried your example using the 2017 solution format (I use VS.2019) and it populated the font items. However, when I run it in my own form it does NOT. I checked the control properties one by one and they are the same except for ItemHeight and Number of Items but those two properties have no effect on the functionality (just appearance).

As a test, I took your solution with the working fontComboBox (which you manually declared) and below it I dropped "my" fontComboBox using the Designer toolbox. I configured it the same as the one already in the form, then ran your sample and.... your fontComboBox displays the font items, but the one I dropped from the designer toolbox is EMPTY. I have v17.1.0.38 which is the same version of your SharedBase.

UPDATE:
    I just found one minor detail that the documentation does not stress out enough: the Autocomplete property must be set to true.

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team June 6, 2019 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Emilio, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

By default, the font items will be loaded in the drop down when setting the UseAutoComplete property as true to fill the items based on the AutoComplete mode. We have created improvement task for the UG and we will update the mandatory details in the page. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon