We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Prevent RibbonMenuItem from closing when mouse leaves its area

I'm using nested RibbonMenuItems to make some menus and submenus inside a DropDownButton.
It works ok but if for one moment you move the cursor outside of the menu, it closes. It can be a little tricky to navigate the menues that way and I couldn't find the option to disable this.
Also, if you check how menus behave in other Windows apps, they remain open even when the mouse leaves the area over them.
I attach a video in case I'm not explaining myself correctly.
Thanks in advance

Attachment: EjemploMenues_298618a7.zip

4 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 3, 2019 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Carlos, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We analyzed your reported query and we can replicate the issue “RibbonMenuItem pop up closed on leaving the mouse from parent in Ribbon”. We have logged issue report for the same, we will fix the issue and update you the patch by June 13, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

You can also track the status of the report by the following feedback link,  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 18, 2019 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Carlos,

On analyzing the reported behavior in our source level, we could able to fix to remain the popup open on mouse leave. But on fixing it, we could not able to close the submenu of RibbonMenuItem which has been opened at the same time. Since we could not fix this case ,as the items involved are framework elements. We decided to maintain the behavior of RibbonMenuItems which get closed on mouse leave.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns on this.

Regards,

Vijayalakshmi V.R.

CF Carlos Fernando Consigli December 18, 2019 02:14 PM UTC

Hi Vijayalakshmi, thanks for your answer. 
It's a pity that it can't be fixed because I am trying to migrate all UI components from another vendor to Syncfusion so as to ship the app only with Syncfusion dependencies and also to have a more consistent look and feel across the whole app.

However, I'm also a developer like you and I know that sometimes this kind of super tricky bugs may appear, specially in UI components.
So no worries, I can still use Syncfusion components in the whole app except in the ribbon, it's not that critical.
I really appreciate, as always, that you took the time to review and try to fix this issue.
Best regards,

Fernando

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 19, 2019 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Carlos 

Thank you for your update. 

Please let us know if you have any other concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon