We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Keeping tasks after rerunning the app

Hello all, 

I'm working on a task app with the SfKanban control and everything is going well (so far). Well, there is no point to the program if a users tasks doesn't save when they close the application and re-run it. How can I set this up / implement it with your control? That way the tasks are actually saved. It'd be very helpful, thank you! C# language too by the way :)

3 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Hunter, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. We have analyzed your requirement and you can achieve this by updating the ItemsSource in CardDragEnd event with selected card, target column title, index details. Please find the code snippet below.  

Code snippet 

<kanban:SfKanban Margin="10" ItemsSource="{Binding Tasks}" CardDragEnd="SfKanban_CardDragEnd"></kanban:SfKanban> 

private void SfKanban_CardDragEnd(object sender, KanbanDragEndEventArgs e) 
        { 
            var kanbanModel = e.SelectedCard; 

var targetTitle = e.TargetColumn.Title; 
            var targetColumnIndex = e.TargetColumnIndex; 
            var targetRowIndex = e.TargetRowIndex; 
        } 

We have prepared a sample based on this, please find the sample from the following location.  

Please refer below user documentation for more details about CardDragEnd event and its arguments.  

Please let us know if you have any other queries.  

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

HU Hunter May 29, 2019 04:47 PM UTC

Hi, thank you for the reply! 

So, I don't think I worded my question correctly, so I'll try and be short and sweet (hopefully): 

When I close the application, the tasks I created disappear when I re-run the application. Is there a way to keep these tasks in the program even after it closes, that way when the user opens up their application, all of the tasks they created are there. 

Would this be solved with a database that stores each task? I don't have much work in that area, but could try it if it's the only way. Do you know of another?

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 30, 2019 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Hunter,  

Thanks for your update, we have analyzed your requirement and as we said in our previous update you must update your database in dynamic time while updating or adding the task. Then only database will store your new task and re-populate with updated tasks.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon