We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding new culture to Schedule, but special characters are shown as unknown (question mark in diamond icon)

I am trying to add a Danish culture, but the letters æ, ø and å are not displayed properly.
My charset is set to utf-8 and I don't have problems displaying these letters anywhere else on my site.
Any words I set in the Locale is displayed correctly, but special characters in the Culture are not.
Do I need to set the charset for the culture somehow?

<script src="~/scripts/ej/i18n/ej.culture.da-DK.min.js"></script>
    <script>
        ej.Schedule.Locale["da-DK"] = {            
            Day: "Dag",
            Week: "Uge",
            WorkWeek: "Arbejdsuge",
            Month: "Måned"
        };
    </script>

Content of the ej.culture.da-DK.min.js file:
ej.addCulture("da-DK", { name: "da-DK", englishName: "Danish (Denmark)", nativeName: "Dansk (Danmark)", language: "da", numberFormat: { pattern: ["-n"], ",": ".", ".": ",", groupSizes: [3], negativeInfinity: "-uendelig", positiveInfinity: "+uendelig", percent: { pattern: ["-n%", "n%"], groupSizes: [3], ",": ".", ".": ",", symbol: "%" }, currency: { pattern: ["-n DKK", "n DKK"], groupSizes: [3], ",": ".", ".": ",", symbol: "DKK" } }, calendars: { standard: { "/": ".", firstDay: 1, days: { names: ["Søndag", "Mandag", "Tirsdag", "Onsdag", "Torsdag", "Fredag", "Lørdag"], namesAbbr: ["Søn", "Man", "Tirs", "Ons", "Tors", "Fre", "Lør"], namesShort: ["Søn", "Man", "Tirs", "Ons", "Tors", "Fre", "Lør"] }, months: { names: ["Januar", "Februar", "Marts", "April", "Maj", "Juni", "Juli", "August", "September", "Oktober", "November", "December", ""], namesAbbr: ["Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "Maj", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Okt", "Nov", "Dec", ""] }, AM: null, PM: null, patterns: { d: "dd.MM.yyyy", D: "dddd, d. MMMM yyyy", t: "HH:mm", T: "HH:mm:ss", f: "dddd, d. MMMM yyyy HH:mm", F: "dddd, d. MMMM yyyy HH:mm:ss", M: "d. MMMM" } } } });;

2 Replies

TW Toke Wivelsted May 28, 2019 08:35 AM UTC

It was the encoding of the ej.culture.da-DK.min.js file. 
Converted from ANSI to UTF-8 and now it works.

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 04:13 AM UTC

Hi Toke,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We are happy to know that you resolved the issue.

Regards,
Karthi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon