We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I set the scrollbar of an SfDataGrid to only affect the cell area and not include the header space?

How do I set the scrollbar of an SfDataGrid to only show up on the cell area of the SFDataGrid? Because as of now it's also on top of the headers and it's extremely visually annoying. I uploaded a picture and on the left you can see what the SfDataGrid looks like and on its right I edited the image to look how I needed it to. Thank you for your help.

4 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 27, 2019 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Mark, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your requirement to show scroll bar only for the cell area and not to include headers. And we have not found any attachments regarding your expected result. So can you please confirm, whether your requirement is to achieve the image below, 

If yes, we currently do not have support to display scroll bar as in the above image and we are validating the feasibility to achieve this requirement. We will update you with further details on 29th May,2019. 

Also please let us know, if your requirement is different from the above. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 27, 2019 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We have analyzed your query and as we mentioned in our previous update, currently we do not have support to show scrollbar only for the cell area and not to include headers. We have logged this requirement as a feature request in our database. We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature.    

We have created a feedback for your reported feature and we request you to log in to the below link to view further. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.   

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.   

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

MA Mark May 27, 2019 12:19 PM UTC

Really very disappointed so far with this whole support system. I'm currently 3/3 on issues not getting resolved. Now I'm afraid to have further problems because there's an extremely high chance wherein it won't get resolved. This might sound crazy or impossible seeing your track record with support but I have NEVER EVER, not even once, had an unresolved issue in DevExpress, and I've had about 20 or so questions/issues with styling/modifying the UI that were way harder than my first few issues posted here. I honestly can't put into words how night/day the support is between you two.

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 28, 2019 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We analyzed all the three queries raised in the forums #144583, #144621 and #144860. Further analysis, we do not have support for the requirement posted in forum #144621 and we have logged feature report for the requirements reported in the other two forums. As we mentioned earlier, the implementation of the feature will be based on priority, including specific parameters such as product vision, technological feasibility and customer interest, and this is the procedure we are following. So when this feature is implemented, we will let you know.  

Furthermore, if the reported scenario is a bug from our end, it will be resolved in the business days itself. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon