We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

syncfusion does support these?

Hi, i want to use ur report builder but there things i need to know:
1. my platform is angularjs + Microsoft web API 2.0 , do u support it?
2.i never want my connection string to be shared in client side.is it possible?
3.i want to manipulate query before it get executed on sql server engine so do support navigation through the tables and adding some conditions and also joins(AST manipulation)?
4. can i customize the table names and field names when i want to show them to customer for building query?
5. hide some column and tables in report designer?
6.saving and loading reports(report files) through my own customized pipeline?
7.is there any way for disabling  designer for some users?
8.your permissions and users definition is based on my customized development or its entirely separate module that has its own user definitions? 

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Mohamad, 

Thanks for your interest in our Syncfusion Components. 

Query 
Response 
1. my platform is angularjs + Microsoft web API 2.0 , do u support it? 

Yes, we will provided the support to use the Report designer in angular application with Web API. Please find the below sample for your reference. 

Please find the below help documentation for how to create the report designer sample in angular platform. 

2.i never want my connection string to be shared in client side.is it possible? 

Yes, we can achieve your requirement by using the shared datasource in reports. If you are using the shared datasource in your report then you can pass the credentials at server side as shown in below code example. 

ReportAPIController.cs 
public void OnInitReportOptions(ReportViewerOptions reportOptions) 
            { 
                //reportOption.ReportModel.DataSourceCredentials.Add(new DataSourceCredentials("<pass Datasource name>", "<pass User name>", "<pass password>")); 
                reportOptions.ReportModel.DataSourceCredentials.Add(new DataSourceCredentials("AdventureWorks", "xxxxx", "xxxx")); 
            } 
3.i want to manipulate query before it get executed on sql server engine so do support navigation through the tables and adding some conditions and also joins(AST manipulation)? 

Yes, you can add conditions and join tables in our web report designer query designer. 
4. can i customize the table names and field names when i want to show them to customer for building query? 

Yes, you can able to customize the table or column names while build query. Please refer the below link more details on this, 
5. hide some column and tables in report designer? 

You can able to hide columns in query designer mode for SQL Server only and we don’t have support to hide dataset(table) based on user condition. Please refer the below UG link to hide columns, 
6.saving and loading reports(report files) through my own customized pipeline? 

Yes we can able to save , edit and load the reports using the External server. 
7.is there any way for disabling  designer for some users? 

Yes, you can customize in your application level to edit or disable the Report Designer based on your user rule like as Report Server. 
8.your permissions and users definition is based on my customized development or its entirely separate module that has its own user definitions?  

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon