We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom filter values

Hi
I am showing a list of people in an SfDataGrid. Each person has a list of children shown in a column as a comma separated list of names (some of the children have identical names).
The filter control by default shows the list of options as the combination of names (see DefaultFilterValues.png from the attached rar file). I am trying to change that so that it shows each unique name by itself instead (see PreferredFilterValues.png from the attached rar file), so I can search for persons that have a child with the selected name.
I can change the list of names in the filter control by handling the FilterItemsPopulated event and generate new FilterElements, but I have not been successful in making the subsequent filtering work (I tried handling the FilterChanged event and manipulate the filter predicates).

Hope you can assist.

Regards
Troels Pedersen

Attachment: Screenshots_ed80199a.rar

1 Reply

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team May 16, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Troels, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

Currently SfDataGrid doesn’t have the support to customize the filter predicates for the unique items with the comma separated values. We have already created the feature request for the extendibility support for the GridFilterControl to support those customization. It will be rolled out in any of our upcoming release. You can keep track on the feature request by using the following feedback link, 

Regards, 
Adhi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon