We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Expansion/Contraction inconsistent on different platforms

Hello,
I have the Accordion inside of a stacklayout which fills my entire content page. Through testing Android and iOS side by side I have noticed a few inconsistencies/issues with iOS (Note: I am using a colored page background and a dark colored accordion header & accordion content, with "ExpandMode" as "MultipleOrNone"). 

When on iOS:
  • Clicking a collapsed item I can see a white flicker before the item has reached full expansion. Slowing the animation duration to 500 milliseconds allows this to be even more visible. It appears that the expansion/contraction begins with a white background and then transitions to the set background color. 
  • Clicking a collapsed item at the bottom of the items list will first move the content below the item before expanding the item to fill that space (instead of dynamically growing).
Android performs as expected and I do not see these issues.

4 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 10, 2019 04:05 AM UTC

Hi Trevor, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the given details, we have loaded the Accordion control in StackLayout and the StackLayout also holds the buttons above and below the Accordion control to replicate the reported issues i.e., when the accordion item is being collapsed (other child elements of StackLayout gets updated earlier than collapsing the item) and when the accordion item is being expanded (flickering of child elements at the bottom of the view) in our sample. We have also defined the back ground color to both stack layout and accordion control as mentioned.  

But unfortunately, we are unable to replicate the issue at any of our public Nuget release version i.e., v17.1.0.32 – beta, v17.1.0.38, v17.1.0.40, v17.1.0.41, v17.1.0.42, v17.1.0.43 and v17.1.0.44. So, we suggest you to please check with the below attached sample, if possible please modify the below sample to replicate the issue and revert us with some additional details like Xamarin.Forms version, SfAccordion version, share the XAML page where the Accordion control is loaded and its related pages or view or video link which would highly help us to analyze the issue better and update you an appropriate solution. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

TC Trevor Christensen May 10, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

Hello again,

I downloaded the sample project you provided and can replicate the issue. I have captured a screen shot during the time of expansion showing that the blue background is expanding before the item selected has expanded fully. In the first image attached you can see that I have clicked "Header6" and it is in the process of expanding, while the accordion has already allocated space at the bottom (below "Header14") to expand into. The second attachment shows the finished process which has now hidden the blue space that has been filled from expansion. 

Note: Slowing the animation duration more than 500 makes this more clear if necessary (ex. 1500).

Thank you.

Attachment: Accordion_ScreenShots_ff48fcae.zip

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 13, 2019 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Trevor, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have confirmed that the reported issue is a defect and logged a bug report at our end. The fix for the issue will be available in our upcoming 2019 Volume 2 release which is scheduled to be rolled out by mid of June month. You can track the status for the bug report in the following link. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team October 25, 2019 04:43 AM UTC

Hi Trevor,

We are glad to inform that this issue has been resolved in our weekly nuget version 17.3.0.19. Please use that version for fix changes.

Regards,
Mageshyadav.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon