We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Additional material design features: bottom sheet and floating action button

Good morning, I would like to know if the 'Essential Studio Xamarin' package has two customizable UI components (for both Android and iOS platforms) of my interest:
  • Bottom sheet
  • Floating action button
Thanks,
Regards

11 Replies

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Vito, 

Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products. Could you please confirm whether your requirement belongs to Xmarin.Forms platform or any other? If you could confirm the platform, we will validate and update you further details based on this. 

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

SS Seitron spa April 24, 2019 09:53 AM UTC

Hi,

yes, it belongs to Xamarin.Forms platform. I know they are both most common elements of the Android world, but I would be interested in a solution that is also valid for iOS.

Regards,
Vito

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team April 25, 2019 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Vito, 

Could you please confirm your requirement whether you would like to add the two controls (Bottom Sheet and Floating Action Button) as you see in the below images? OR, would you like to use these two controls separately for any other scenario? 

Image -1: Initial state with Floating action button. 

Image-2: When clicking on the Floating action button, it moves to top, and Bottom Sheet shows. When you click again, it will move to the Image-1 state vice versa.  

Please confirm your exact requirement. So that, we could analyze based on that and provide you solution earlier. 

Regards, 
Bharathi. 

SS Seitron spa April 29, 2019 07:35 AM UTC

Hi,

if possible, I would like to use these two controls separately, so what you represent in Image-2 is not necessary.

Regards,
Vito

BK Bharathiraja K Syncfusion Team April 30, 2019 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Vito,  

We have analyzed your requirement and have prepared a sample based on your requirement using our SfRadialMenu and SfNavigationDrawer Control. Initially floating action button only shows. When swipe the bottom to top, bottom sheet shows. Please refer the below images. Please have the sample from the below link.

Sample link:

Please refer our online help documentation link for more details. 

Please try the sample and let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Bharathi. 

SS Seitron spa May 2, 2019 01:48 PM UTC

Hi,

thanks for the sample.
I have two more questions about the SfRadialMenu:
  • Is possible to place the RadialMenu only by means of Point(X, Y)? Could not I use an AbsoluteLayout to place it like in the attached sample?
  • I saw in your documentation that the RadialMenu's items fire the ItemTapped event whenever you tap them, but I don't understand how to detect when is pressed a RadialMenu without items. Any advice?

Regards,
Vito

Attachment: Floating_Action_Button_Sample323076045_46c64f62.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 3, 2019 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Vito, 

Query 1: Is possible to place the RadialMenu only by means of Point(X, Y)?  

Yes, we could place the RadialMenu only by means of Point (X, Y). We have modified the sample with the Grid instead of AbsoluteLayout. 

Query 2:  How to detect when pressed a RadialMenu without items? 

We can detect the RadialMenu pressed with the Opening and Opened Events. We have already used the Opening event in the sample. Now, we have also included the Opened Event. Please have the sample from the below link, 

Please check with the sample and let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

SS Seitron spa May 6, 2019 08:39 AM UTC

Ok, thanks for the support.

Regards,
Vito

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 6, 2019 08:46 AM UTC

Hi Vito, 

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

JO Jorge April 16, 2020 03:44 PM UTC

Hello, I require the same approach as the OP, but the attached .zip samples do not work whit latest version of xamarin.forms (4.5.x) and syncfusion nuget packages. Could you please attach again both samples upgraded to latest versions?

RS Ramya Soundar Rajan Syncfusion Team April 17, 2020 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Jorge, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have updated the above sample with latest version of Xamarin.Forms (4.5.0.617) and Syncfusion Nuget (18.1.0.44) and the sample is working fine from our side. Please find the below sample,

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Floating_Action_Button_Sample1845083125

Please check with the sample and let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Ramya S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon