We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Ink Annotations changes orientation after saving

Hi there!

I am using SfPdfViewer to Load a PDF document and allow users to make Ink Annotations in the document.

But in Android app, when the document is saved, it is just like if all the annotations have been rotated 90 degrees. The orientation and the position of annotations are altered.

I have tested it in 2 different mobile devices (Samsung A7 and also in a Tablet of 7") and the behavior is the same. 

A have also tried the new function SignaturePad, but unfortunatelly I have faced the same problem.

Can anyone help me, please?

7 Replies

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 11, 2019 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Eliezer, 

We tried to reproduce the issue “Ink annotation changes its orientation after saving the PDF document using SfPdfViewerin Xamarin.Forms.Android, but it is working fine as expected. Kindly refer the sample in the below link which we created to reproduce the reported issue. 

Kindly share the following details to analyze more on this issue and it will be helpful for us to analyze more on this issue. 
  1. Modify / Simple sample with which the issue could be reproduced.
  2. Replication procedure to reproduce the issue or screen shot illustrating the issue.
  3. Android device specification with the OS version.
  4. PDF document with which the issue could be reproduced
Note : Handwritten signature feature is also working as expected. 

Regards, 
Sathish 

ES Eliezer Sant Ana April 11, 2019 07:15 PM UTC

Hi Sathish! Thanks for your attention and help.

It is really working fine with the PDF file that is embedded in your demo App.

However, when I am trying to use the specific file that the my app needs to use, the problem persists.

I am attaching the file. If you could help me to understand what is happening I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment: 040243_pae.pdf_b2156057.zip

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 12, 2019 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Elizer, 

Thank you for your update. 

We are able to reproduce the issue “Ink annotation changes its orientation after saving the PDF document using SfPdfViewer” in our side. We have forwarded this issue to our development team for further analysis and we will update further details on 16th April 2019.  

Regards,  
Sathish  

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 09:10 AM UTC

Hi Elizer, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have confirmed that the issue “Ink annotation changes its orientation after saving the PDF document using SfPdfViewer” is defect and logged defect report for this issue. The fix for this issue will be included in our 2019 Vol 1 SP 1 release and it is available on 13-May-2019. 

Regards, 
Sathish 

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 16, 2019 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Elizer, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1  Service Pack release v17.1.0.47  is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,            
Sathish 

EL Eliezer May 16, 2019 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Sathish!

I downloaded the new version of the plugin and it is working perfectly now!

Thank you very much! 

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 17, 2019 03:38 AM UTC

Hi Elizer, 

Thank you for your update. 

Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Sathish 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon