We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change Value with Confirmation Dialog

Good day,

I have a DateItem in my SfDataForm that when the value is changed will delete entries from a database. Therefore I would like to show a confirmation dialog and have the user select that they are sure they want to change the value before the value is committed. I have tried all sorts of ways of editing the Validate and Commit on the form but cannot get it to work. Do you have an example of how I could achieve this?

Many thanks

Will

4 Replies

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team March 8, 2019 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Williams, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently, we are analyzing your query “To display alert message before commit the value in DateItem editor” and we will update you for this on two business days on 12th March 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Arun Siva R  

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team March 12, 2019 12:51 PM UTC

Hi William, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have analyzed your query “Any way to display alert dialog before change the value in dateitem” and as of now DataForm doesn’t have direct support for this, but you can achieve this by creating custom editor and using CustomRenderer for the editor in your sample. 

Kindly refer our KB for more information about the same, by referring the following link: 

In this KB we have shown popup while opening entry, and we suspect that your requirement is same scenario with DatePicker, kindly confirm the same. 

Kindly revert us if you have any concern. 

Regards,
Arun Siva R 

WI William March 17, 2019 11:01 AM UTC

Thanks Arun, I will take a look at the sample.

All the best

Will

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 18, 2019 05:41 AM UTC

Hi William,

Thanks for the update. We will wait to hear from you.

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon