We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Data grid - group caption summary not updating if using caption summary template

Hello,

I have problems with updating group summary - it doesn't work when using Caption Summary Template - without setting this it works fine. I'm using following code to update summary after end editing cell:
_dataGrid.View.TopLevelGroup.UpdateCaptionSummaries();
_dataGrid.View.Refresh();

Should I add something when using template?

11 Replies

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team February 27, 2019 02:29 PM UTC

Hi Damian, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query “How to update caption summary template view text in run time.” we have assigned value in converter for caption summary template view it cannot be called in runtime.  
However we are trying to update the caption summary template view text in runtime. we will update you further details on March 1,2019. we appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

DA Damian February 27, 2019 05:58 PM UTC

Ok, thanks for the info

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 28, 2019 06:54 AM UTC

Hi Damian, 

Thank you for the update. As mentioned, currently we are validating this requirement and we will update you the details by March 1, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 02:05 AM UTC

Hi Damian, 

Thank for your patience. 

We have checked your requirement “Caption summary template values are need to be updated after editing”. Please enable following property it will refresh the view after editing and caption summary will be updated after editing. 

Code snippet: 
LiveDataUpdateMode="AllowDataShaping" 

We have also attached the sample for your reference. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

DA Damian March 5, 2019 07:42 PM UTC

Hi,

thanks for the answer but I'm afraid it's not fully working - its updating the caption but only when I scroll out of the screen and then scroll back again. I attached sample code.

Attachment: sample_c05f2c9c.zip

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team March 7, 2019 03:54 AM UTC

Hi Damian, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

It’s our fault we have refreshed the DataGrid in button click for checking purpose then I have shared the sample to you without that code. But the sample crashed when we refreshed the datagrid in CurrentCellEndEdit. We will update you the solution or details about the issue on March 8,2019. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B     

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team March 14, 2019 01:50 AM UTC

Hi Damian, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have not found solution to update the caption template text after end editing in respective grouped data. We are still working on this requirement. we have not defined binding context for the template view hence we cannot able access it's respective row data to update the row. but we will find an solution for your requirement. we will update the further details on March 14 , 2019 . we appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B  

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team March 15, 2019 03:49 AM UTC

Hi Damian, 

Thank you for your patience. 

we cannot able to achieve your requirement in sample level. Hence we have locked an report to provide support to update caption summary template view binding context. And this support will be available in 2019 Volume 1 service pack 1. Which is expected to be rollout on end of April ,2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

TO Tomasz July 27, 2021 03:25 PM UTC

Is this fixed, or still there is not any solution?

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team July 28, 2021 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Tomasz,

Currently, we are validating your requirement. We will validate and update the further details on or before 30th July 2021. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Karthik Raja

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team July 30, 2021 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for your patience. 

The CaptionSummary template is updating after editing in SfDataGrid v19.2.0.49. Can you please check in your side and update the details ? 

Regards,
Karthik Raja

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon